In-home visit w/LJ Cryer

Cryer will be great as will the other 3 or so we have interest from. I will take any but Shead seems to be the one I have heard linked here the most.

1 Like

I like Shead but he needs to be more efficient.

Shead is rated the #6 overall player in Texas, one of the top 20 point guards in the country, and just outside the national top 100. After Mark, who is ranked #82 nationally by ESPN, he’d be our best recruit in years, better, on paper, than Mills and Hinton, and that’s saying something. I don’t concern myself much with Sampson’s recruiting. He seems to know what he’s doing, but even so our recruiting is light years from where it’s been since the 80s. We’re going after and getting national recruits.

7 Likes

Wait a minute Sam, are you implying that CKS can get by recruiting without the advice – even direction – of the posters on this board? That’s crazy talk, among us we know everything about everything.

9 Likes

I am confident we will add an outstanding point guard to this group…regardless, we will be loaded this year and a guy like Mills could easily develop into that point guard we need to lead the team…

3 Likes

Tramon isn’t really a point guard but I’m not sure he couldn’t play pretty well at the position. He reminds me a little of Jarreau getting to the basket.

https://twitter.com/texashoopsgaso/status/1132114720289431558?s=21

1 Like

I agree with you but I think Tramon will eventually be a better outside shooter. Tramon will probably also fill out and be a lot stronger than Jarreau. Yep, I am that high on Mark, not down on Jarreau…

1 Like

I think Jarreau is such an underrated scorer, I rather want him in the wings as the secondary ball handler.

2 Likes

He is too valuable as a facilitator.

2 Likes

He scores with the ball in his hands, has very good vision and distributes well. I expect there to be a learning curve with highs and lows but it is all about where he is at for the end of the season.

We may see some sets when he plays off the ball based on matchups and how the team is performing but I expect to see a lot of Jarreau emphasized in this offense and a kid that is really going to develop into a man as the season progresses.

1 Like

Yeah, I think Jarreau could be pretty special next season. Tramon’s a pretty good outside shooter now. I’m thrilled we got him. He’s a long, legit 6’5 guard who can beat his man off the dribble and score from beyond the arc. He’s also nearly 80% from the free throw line. And he’s not going up against 2A competition. DHS played North Shore, Pearland, Cibolo Steele, Garland Rowlett, Cy-Creek, Clear Lake, etc. this past season. Let’s remember he still has a year of high school ball. He’s a guy CKS just might turn into an All-American.

1 Like

Jarreau seems a little herky jerky off the dribble, especially up high. He definitely has some development left in that capacity. Where he’s lightning is in transition and and when the opposing big man peels off to double someone else. That is where he slips through like a jet.

True. He was turnover prone last season. I dont want him as my primary ball handler. Turnovers kill you. Needs to tighten his handles up; until further proof, I’ll have my reservations for now.

Tramon in transition, knocking it down from near the top of the key:

https://twitter.com/ihss_houston/status/1132377950073118722?s=21

1 Like

He also took over games down the stretch with the ball in his hands. Guys that rely on getting to the rim and creating off the dribble are more prone to some TOs. So that is your proof along with the proof that players do develop and get better in this program.
The best version of the 2019-20 Coogs will be if Jarreau continues his development and becomes a great floor general.

1 Like