It Almost Didn't Happen

:pinching_hand::pinching_hand:.

I said it once and I’ll say it again…

I RIDE OR DIE WITH TILLMAN FERTITTA!

3 Likes

This is an article to bait the more touchy of our followers to drive some clicks, and to pump TF a bit.

But really the correct answer here is… We’re in, who tf needs to ask how the delicious sausage for made?

2 Likes

The issue that we all need to attend to right away is the state of the football program as it is right now. We have had 3-4 years of bad performance and this must not continue.

I would guess this would have probably been the cause of the hesitancy of the Big12 initially before Mr. Fertitta stepped in big time.

1 Like

I heard the same thing tonight from a person who works in the athletic department. Tillman had to push through the legislature to combat pushback from Tech and Baylor

5 Likes

I guess that’s why UT and Baylor always used their clout and leverage. Its nice being an inside gangster for a change.

And screw Tech and Baylor.

10 Likes

Yeah that’s how these deals are made apparently. Favors and subtle threats. Welcome to P5 football.

1 Like

It almost didn’t happen until it did. Which one counts again?

2 Likes

Not sure if I want to know what was exchanged to make that final push. I know the Fertittas are old Galveston money…

3 Likes

Yea…and connected to the Fertittas from Jersey?

So that quote about the Texas teams not having any reservations of inviting Houston was pure crap then? Anyways, whatever. We’re in. That’s all that matters.

Strongly disagree. He will report what is happening but I’m pretty sure he is not generally supportive of UH. I have followed his work and listened to many of his interviews over the years. Also, other than an article last week, how has he been “advocating for UH to be in the Big 12 for a while now?”

Great he was able to help with his influence. I don’t buy the stop at 3 teams, since an 11 team conference makes no sense. I also think UH has many good traits to offer without any help, but take what it takes to make it happen…

The only reason it was an issue was because it was UH doing the scoring. When it was UT during the VY days, it was just a part of how the game has developed, you understand.

Regardless of when UH has been on the cutting edge of innovative football offenses and “systems”, it’s a different version of shooting the messenger. Those outlaws, those renegades, those not playing according to the true spirit of the game, those “systems”.

Once it has filtered into the college football norm then it’s totally acceptable, you understand. Then it’s not the “system”. It’s the norm, and we the football blue bloods will undermine your success until we have made the “system” conventional and buy the latest whiz-bang coach to make sure we rule the new norm.

2 Likes

I think so. And a branch of the Maceo family.

So 25 yrs ago, politics kept us out and now politics helps us get in.

1 Like

I would say: 25 years ago, politics kept us out, and now politics failed to keep us out because of other politics.

11 Likes

The chronicle reported that we got in because of tillman’s late push to get us in.

No matter what the story is from the Comical it always includes a hint of UH inadquacy.

“The only reason you get to_____is because of _____.”

2 Likes