It makes dollars but not sense

I am surprised none of you responded with the following:
Of going to the PAC12 is a no brainer. It is true for two reasons. The PAC12 invites other current BIG12 members then what?
The PAC12 invites four Schools close to us, tcu, teetech, okie state and Kansas. These give us some regional road trips right? Watch out here comes dmaldon9

He has got a good reason to run…

or you could be tailgating where there is no beach

3 Likes

3hr flight to San Jose > 2hr 20 minute drive to Waco

2 Likes

Magnolia market bro! Maybe get to see Chip and Joanna.

1 Like

This +1,000,000.

1 Like

If offered, PAC is a no brainer…
Literally every single member of the Big 12 would jump on that yesterday…

7 Likes

This the reason why we leave along with fact P12 academic association not just sports like B12

Assuming the “Blue Bloods” stay and conference is stable and prosperous how could you not do it? They are going to ask someone. The new Big 12 is exciting for many reasons (new and historic), but lacks those anchor schools that seem to be so prestigious for a conference and vital to the stability of its power status.

1 Like

That’s right. Any member of the Big12 would move to PAC in a heartbeat.

Expanding the Big12 was the least favorable option to them. They did it because they had to but they all wanted (and still want to) go elsewhere.

If UH doesn’t accept a PAC12 invite, there will be others that will happily take our place.

5 Likes

“Any member of the Big12 would move to PAC in a heartbeat…” This in itself says it all. Personally I think UH owes the B12 diddly squat. The only reason we got invited this time is the best 2 good lookers ran off to another dance. Instead of sitting still and being all happy we finally hit it big, I say we keep looking at ANY and ALL options. I would take the PAC 12 certainty over the B12 uncertainty anytime, plus the $$ ain’t bad.

7 Likes

Chris, is that you in the first pic? :thinking::flushed:

Big12 should try to lure Utah and Mizzou. That should be enough to get a network up and running. Stay in teh football heartland.

2 Likes

Whoa! It’s more time than 3 hours dealing with a flight. Leave home 2 hours before to get to airport parking then take the shuttle to the terminal and wait in line to check in your bags and wait in line to go through security then wait at the gate for the plane and board.

Oh did I mention the time to unboard from the plain, wait on your baggage and wait on the rental car shuttle bus then drive to the hotel.

So it’s about 6-7 hours dealing with a flight vs driving 3 hours to Baylor from my house.

1 Like

Same. I prefer Waco. Living in Cypress, very close to Hwy290 – easy drive.

2 Likes

Hey, little bit of Houston trivia to go with Bo Derek…
Back in the day, a guy lived in Houston for a while, went to Hollywood. Married to Linda Evans (Crystal on Dynasty) and later, Bo Derek…his name was John Derek.

He spent enough time in Houston, and specifically at 4 Star downtown posh restaurant Maxim’s…that Camille Berman (the owner) named a wine glass after him. It was a glass and a half measure. Regulars would order their wine of choice in a Derek…most people thought it was a Derrick, referring to our oil industry, but it was actually an homage to this guy…

Houston trivia.

3 Likes

Hmm. Well, if we eventually do go West, we could call ourselves the Surfin’ Coogs. :yum: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Why is it that I have the sense that interest in college football on the West Coast is dwindling? Cougardue lives in LA maybe he could shed some light on this issue.

Theres’s a mountain dormant volcano in California called Mount Shasta. Indigenous people consider it to be sacred. Our destiny lies with the PAC12.

4 Likes

You guys can have Chip and Joanna. I’ll take Malibu, Venice, and “The Wedge” at Huntington.

I’ll even throw in the Cracker Barrel on I-35 and free tickets to the Grant Teaff Athletics Museum where you can scroll through arrest records and buy a cat-skin waist pouch in the gift shop.

2 Likes

I didn’t need to see that.

2 Likes

I just ignored that thinking CV accidentally posted his office Christmas party pics.