It’s Official

Daryl Morey runs the show for the Rockets, not D’Antoni.

2 Likes

Lol by run the show you mean allow Dantoni freedom to blow up a team that went the WCF and blew a 3-2 lead against the wounded warriors? Or do you mean keep said poor excuse of a coach employed out of fear of returning to the stone age?

Excluding uncle Tilman, if that doesn’t sound like the Texans front office I don’t know what does. The Westbrook and small ball experiment is crashing and burning at breakneck speeds, but I’m sure fans will continue to be happy being southwest division champs.

1 Like

Tillman did give Applewhite 2 million a year…

2 Likes

Lol please don’t do that.

1 Like

Oh no, Brady to the Bucs. My dream of seeing a 2 QB/NO WR offense is gone…

2 Likes

I would like to see Brady playing for the Texans so that everybody would shut their mouths about how great he is! With the O-line that the Texans have I don’t think he’ll last a whole season without suffering major injuries!

And no way would he ever be as good as Deshaun playing for a team with porous O-line! But I bet O’Briandead and McNair Jr wouldn’t be able to recognize that and would probably be stupid enough to trade Deshaun for Brady!

1 Like

The Texans organization deserves the likes of BOB. Best damn GM/HC there is …for the competition.

2 Likes

P.T. Barnum would would be proud. There realy os one sucker born every day.

3 Likes

Don’t insult cat’s butts. My cat’s butt never misses the littler box. BOB leaves crap everywhere he goes.

6 Likes

ANY season ticket holders that re-up are really no different than Dallas Cowboy season ticket holders. They are telling the ownership that they don’t care about the quality of product and are happy to continue to support underachievement and bumbling management. It’s like they all have some weird form of Stockholm Syndrome. Gluttons for punishment. Masochism on parade. I understand the desire to watch professional football on location but the price Texan fans pay is way more than just money. They also pay with their dignity, rationality, and humility. I don’t mean to insult anyone, it’s just the way it is.

1 Like

The Rockets had their one chance with that team. Unfortunately the Rockets lost their championship when Paul went down in game 6. However his skills were eroding and we did not have a shot with that team anymore. We were a one-trick poney on defense and the warriors had us figured out by the next season. When you switch everything without variation teams can dictate what matchups they want. It was our ability to stop the warriors that had us in that position. The Rockets have made the moves they have had to try to stay relevant.
For those who think owners should pay whatever to keep popular players, capella is what happens, Ariza is what happens. Both got a lot more than their value dictated and both are no longer with those teams.

My concern with the Texans is they could not fill in the right pieces before the Watson contract was due and left a lot of cap money in the vault. In their foolish minds they felt they were being responsible and preparing for the Watson deal but that was our best opportunity. A guy like Morey would have known how to spread the wealth and balance the roster by maximizing the immediate opportunity. The Texans front office is amateurish which is evident by their history of GMs.

1 Like

The Rockets are doing great. You have to keep things in perspective. They play for a 5th place banner every year. They should really start hanging those.

2 Likes

Capella don’t w work in off season training…he should have begged dream to make him better. No reason to be that tall and can’t shoot at least a 10 footer from basket. And free throws should be something practiced every day.

1 Like

Morey is a great GM in regards to utilizing funds. He has yet to construct a team that can execute his friend’s offense…even more so that it’s all small ball. People give him way too much credit and crown him a genius from something that happened years ago. Show me one thing he’s done that no other GM could have ever done?

In regards to that infamous year, the Rockets were up 3-2 ,missed 27 straight 3pters, and had no answer to overcome it. That sequence of events is a microcosm for both dantoni and Morey.

-if it ain’t fixed, don’t fix it.

2 Likes

Sorry for the rant. I’m just so tired of the Texans and Rockets but cant look away and stop rooting for them. Smh

3 Likes

Morey has been quiet since the China stuff

As for Texans fans - they are either delusional or love wasting money - if they would support the local schools like that they would be in a great state

1 Like

We had one great GM in Lunhow a have a very good one in Morey (we just aren’t likely to win it all with Harden being the most important component, and have had terrible
GMs since the beginning of the Texans.
The Texans should be so lucky to have Morey creating a roster and manipulating the cap.

1 Like

Morey would definitely build a better roster than BoB, but so could my 5 year old niece. Morey would still be the limited individual that he is. He’s done absolutely nothing since the signing of James harden but allow dantoni to implode Harden’s prime. Morey’s indecisiveness and d’antoni’s ineptitude have costed Rocket fans any glimpse a winning it all. Again, him and BoB are definitely in the same boat. They’re both mediocre, and I might be giving them TOO much credit with that.

1 Like

I think you are. Even ESPN gave BoB and F for the Hopkins trade. It baffles everyone. Except BoB. I wonder when he’ll sober up?

2 Likes

Never…jerks don’t think they are jerks…everyone else can see it, not them.

2 Likes