It's obvious it has to be Postma

Allen also seems to get very nervous in the pocket. There were times when there was just a little bit pressure and he seem to dance around like he was going to get hit even though he had some time . Kind of reminded me of David car when he was with the Texans

Allen has struggled anytime any pressure is applied or he had to move that’s a problem. I’d go ahead and make the move to King or you’re writing of this session to mediocre most likely. Probably also means King is going to stay at receiver making room for Bryson Smooth and Amie

If Postma takes better care of the ball, that is all that matters. Four turnovers because of poor QB play.

4 Likes

The evidence is out on that though. His best games is coming in off the bench. He threw a pick in each game against UConn and Lamar as a starter. Granted UConn had one of the best defenses in the conference that year but he beat Lamar with his legs because he didn’t have a good game passing.
14 of 25 for 125 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT
What would he have done if Tech had a week to prepare against him? None of us can know that.

1 Like

It took until a few minutes before we played our first game with a new Coach, New OC and new DC before we knew who was the starter. Was this done intentionally to disturb UA? We will never know. What is clear to me is that Allen is not confident with a second or third read. This is what makes a QB. Against UA he was playing against a similar defense. He left open receivers waiting for the ball. He did the same today. You can stick to the plays but you have to analyze/process what is being given to you and adapt. You decide to run? Run in areas where you will gain yards. He has the legs but not the “eyes” yet. It is easy to say that the defense played a prevent D. At least Postma brought us back within three points in a hurry. You can second guess when he came in but when Postma ran for his life he found the holes.How many times did Greg run for his life and found the holes these past few years? What made Gred successful he adapted. In three games I have not seen Kyle find that comfort zone to attack that way. That is a major concern (no pun intended)
Kudos to ttl defense and Gibbs. They played an outstanding game. Quite a few mentioned that their Defense could not keep up. Gibbs out Coached both Major and our new OC. With 1 1/2 games that we played (rice/starter played a half agme) this is very concerning.
Major has to start Postma for what he brings in. Kyle Allen wants to start making the jump form hopeful to star? He has to step up from the bench. Postma struggles and he is back in. Life is not a given. Football is not a video game. You earn it the hard way. Postma has showed me that he can handle the pressure. Give him an entire week of full reps. Adapt the offense to his strength and I can envision great stuff.

3 Likes

Postma is also a senior while Allen can regroup and strive for improvement in 2018.

The choice is clear
 At least for Temple.

If Allen is benched, I would expect him to be a graduate transfer

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen, Postma gives us the best chance of winning. Maybe if he starts, and sucks, I’ll be proven wrong, but I don’t really see that happening.

He certainly appeared to be the better QB today, especially for this offense, and especially given his ability to create multiple dilemmas for the opposing defenses.

I say let Postma and King play, pull Bryson Smith’s redshirt if we have to. Very disappointed in Allen. I don’t think he can lead.

1 Like

That’s poor player management. We’re not in crisis mode.

Agreed. We have other options for this season. Don’t sacrifice the future for this

I’d have said that about King, though.

King, sure. But don’t pull redshirts

1 Like

I was watching the game with two of my buddies who aren’t really huge football fans and they both noticed something.

the offenses clicked better the second Postma came into the game. WR’s were going after the balls and the team just seemed to have a lot more desire to play.

Im afraid Allen lost the locker room, by that I mean he doesn’t have the respect of the team. the QB cant be successful if the team doesn’t want to play for him, for whatever reason.

Postma looked good today. I hope he can handle the pressure of being the starting QB.

I thought Allen was going pro
:sunglasses:

It would be easier to argue against that if this was Allen’s first year with us. It’s concerning that he’s having these issues during his second year with the team. I thought the game vs Rice proved he was past it but somethings wrong.

Major Applewhite should have pulled Kyle Allen at halftime. The pick he threw when UH was driving for at least a tying field goal was inexcusable.

1 Like

Allen has all the physical tools: prototypical size, great arm strength, accuracy to spare, the best long ball I have seen in my time at this school.

Put an ounce of pressure on him from a good D, what is between his ears is what makes him a liability. I thought maybe Arizona was just nerves, Rice couldn’t get pressure, Tech
 now we are starting to see a pattern. Opposing defenses can sell out on the run and put pressure on Allen, and he will turn the ball over. This is the problem.

6 Likes

I think you may be on to something. He seems very nervous in the pocket

The offensive play calling allows the defense to press. If the defense knows that the offense does screen left, screen right, jet sweep, and runs up the middle, what do we expect the defense to do? Drop back? No, they’re going to press and shut those plays down and challenge the offense to go deep. Allen would thrive in an Air Raid style offense and realistically this team looks like it should be an Air Raid team. This spread smash mouth offense that Herman brought over never fit the Houston mold. Herman’s offense wasn’t all that great even when he was here, Orlando’sdefense is the reason UH won and Herman landed that job down the road off 290.