It's obvious it has to be Postma

Yep, and Levine was 6-2 with ward as a starter and Gibbs calling the plays on defense.

That wasn’t the scenario with either of the interceptions. He made very poor decisions in both cases.

Allen seems like amother O’Korn
Great arm but not a lesder and clumsy with the ball.

We need a leader

3 Likes

Michigan does not seem to mind O’Korn but they had this thing called a “pocket” or “protection” today. Crazy stuff.

You can’t blame the play-calling on the poor decisions and the bad throws on easy patterns. The kid presses and doesn’t perform well when the lights are on. It happens to some guys, unfortunately, especially when the don’t have much recent game experience.

I don’t care how far he can throw or how pretty his passes are - he doesn’t move the chains, so he needs to sit.

3 Likes

Allen had his chance. It was his job to lose, and he (hopefully) lost it. Postma is a Senior and deserves his chance to be our starting QB. He’s been successful for us when his number has been called.

Let’s face it. We need an outstanding QB (ala GW) and or a great RB (which is NOT the guy I have complained about since he transferred here, do y’all finally agree) and we have neither. In addition, CMA is running a vanilla version of our offense with no pizzazz . It won’t get any better offensively unless we add misdirection and different looks. We scored points against teams like Oklahoma but won with our defense. Gonna be a long year.

1 Like

A running QB creates mismatches for the D. They knew that the QB would never pull it out of the RBs gut on the read option. It makes life much harder on the RB.
Postma did not even have the chance to go read option, but his athleticism and ball skills were levels higher. I hope he gets the chance. And if something happens to him, put King in. That kid can play as well in the dual QB role.

1 Like

Postma was also just a Sophomore back then getting his first start against a stout UConn D. UConns O was awful, but pulled it toe there for one decent game.
I have heard great things about King. And his numbers were similar to Ward in HS. But either one is a better option than Allen for this particular style of O. The QB has to be a run threat
no, ifs, and, or buts

2 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with that. He forced the ball into spots he shouldn’t have. But the play calling didn’t try to improve to make up for the mistakes.

What play calls would that be? Serious question. Seems any play we call brings out a chorus of boo birds here.

Play calling where UH doesn’t have a TE and a RB staying back to help with pass protection against 3 and 4 man rush and having only 3 receivers go down field against 7 and 8 players dropped in coverage. Play calling that makes UH have 4 or 5 players go further than 5 yards down field to get the defense from pressing so close to the line of scrimmage. Tech’s defense played close to shut down the screens. I’m not calling a hail marry every play but at least get a route tree that can keep the defense honest. The jet sweeps that UH runs to the twin side of the formation that also has a TE. And the RB also on the strong side of the formation and not expecting the safeties to crash down on the play because there is no one left on the back side to defend. It’s mind boggling that the coaching staff doesn’t see what’s wrong with those kind of play calls.

3 Likes

Good comments 20!

1 Like

This is my nightmare, too

1 Like