It's time to get your butt in gear (Fertitta Center)

No comments about the “gender neutral” RR’s. Was anyone using them … or just confused as to why we have them !!

1 Like

If you can identify as a woman ( for a while), you could use one of the 5 female RR’s !

2 Likes

That RR will make us look good to the PAC12.

3 Likes

Hilarious…

1 Like

NZbathroom-e1491734503687

2 Likes

Does anyone know when the statue of Hofheinz will be put on display or did i miss it as i was walking in?

Wasn’t there Saturday night, but the platform/flower bed for it was in place. My guess is there will be a ceremony
when it is unveiled as well as the renaming of that part of Holman.

2 Likes

We also need a statue of Guy V at the other entrance. Maybe put a statue of him and behind him put statues of the retired jerseys for the great players who played for him.

1 Like

Lololo behave guys lol

I thought those were for family use where a person may take a child of different gender. Not too many daddies want to take a small daughter into the men’s room. I never liked taking my 5 year old into a men’s room, so if bride didn’t go, where I took my daughter had restrooms taken into consideration.

I’m going to say at least 75% of college basketball fans, in Houston, over the age of 30 think it means that. What it actually is meant for is anybody to use. The growing acceptance among the college community is that not all males are comfortable in male bathrooms, females in female bathrooms and there are some that don’t consider themselves male or female.

FYI, this is not a political statement or a judgment. It’s only a reason so please no one reply to me with the assumption how I feel about it.

Isn’t there a city ordinance now that requires this in public places ??

Thought there was, but I could certainly be wrong.

Better chance it’s an NCAA thing or just thinking ahead to avoid future protests.

No, it got voted down.

As long as they figure out how to keep paper towels stocked in the men’s room. That seems to challenge our Facilities Department.

https://twitter.com/vittoschmitto/status/1116805359929307136

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AECOMSports/status/1118190057934843904

1 Like

Without looking at the designers, I assume AECOM snd PGAL designed the Fertitta Center. Thank you, Architects, for a wonderful design that we can all enjoy. Thank you Engineers and Contractors for your design and expertise in putting this building together. You are all awesome!!!

What’s the status on the Hofheinz Memorial plaza? Which entrance will it be at (Cullen?) and what will be there?

1 Like

I agree that the Fertitta Center is awesome! Having said that, there are two or three things that need to be addressed:

1. Get the Hofheinz statue installed.
  2. Improve the lighting on the outside approaches.
  3. Repair the bent hand rails outside the arena.
  4. INSTALL MORE MEN’S REST ROOMS!
6 Likes