Jalen Hurts

Looks like Miami is out:

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1085406022896881665

Miami and TCU are out. Why important, because those were two out of the three favorite schools. Maryland is the other.

Yeah, it’s unusual when your own beat writer was sour on the football :football: program at the end of CMA tenure.

Isn’t Hurts a grad transfer? I thought he was going to be eligible immediately. If so, Hurts then Martel would be great for Miami. Lots of buzz he is going to OU, although they aren’t listed in the odds.

3 Likes

Exactly. Miami not out yet.

I thought once the Okie backup qb announced he was going to transfer, I thought Hurts would be perfect there.

Boy it would be terrible to get a championship winning QB.

2 Likes

From Wiki

Hurts completed his B.A. in communication and information sciences in December 2018.[1] As a graduate transfer, he is immediately eligible to play.

What if said championship winning QB would not fit the scheme he was transferring into?

So, say he comes here and somehow ends up the QB and we go undefeated, what could be their excuse to keep us out of the playoffs?

Same excuse as always. The major problem (pun intended) in 2019 is that 2018 finished so badly that even an undefeated season with wins over OU and WSU won’t allow us to make up enough ground.

2 Likes

Winning erases a lot of bad memories. If the Coogs go undefeated and to a big bowl game, no one is going to be looking back at the 2018 season.

1 Like

The fans won’t, for sure. I was talking about the playoff committee in response to the comment above mine. I, for one, don’t care about the playoffs. I think UCF proved this year that no G5 team will ever get invited. I’m all about winning the conference and playing in a NY6 bowl. I will never forget 2015. It was the most fun I’ve ever had as a UH football fan. That’s what we can control, so that’s what we should be striving for every year.

3 Likes

14-70 against Army.
What would the score be against Clemson or Alabama?
We just don’t have the depth.
Lets give coach a chance to rebuild the program first.
I’ll be ecstatic with a NY6 next year.
Worry about the playoff and the P5 much later.

1 Like

Absolutely! National media spend very little time talking about how far UCF fell just a few years ago during their 0-12 season.

I can’t it my right mind believe there are people out there that think we don’t need an all-star QB like Hurts.

Because we have our own all star at QB. Two people cannot take snaps at the same time. Now if one of the 5 star defensive players at Bama want to transfer, I’m all over that.

2 Likes

Incomprehensible. This must be why great programs load up on star QB talent at every opportunity.

I agree