Jarrid Williams

Hey did not we loose players under Sampson his first year because they didn’t fit?? I say to naysayers ( not you friend), judge Holgerson after a few years. For Pete’s Sake, people give Bill O’Brien a pass for losing but jump off the train Holgerson first year?! Come on guys let’s see what year 3 and four look like, it was just one year.

4 Likes

Does year 2 count?

Btw I’m not a BOB fan by any means but you do know he’s had a Winning record 5 of 6 yrs he’s been HC. That’s why he’s still around. It’s the NFL where is much harder to be consistent. Hard for me to even defend him bec I rather not, but you said give BOB a pass for losing when unfortunately for the many many BOB haters he has won more than he has won! 52-44

His winning ends in failure…most owners will FIRE a guy like that. Failing at the biggest stage!!!

2 Likes

I will say you still wait for year 3 unless you go winless and no progress…or getting killed on the field. I doubt we will see a major regression…and I am a win now rype of person. You should see progress by year 3.

1 Like

Wouldn’t you plan on progress in year 2 after 4-8 year one. Just asking or nah!

Huh??? No he survives bec he keeps making the playoffs. Most coaches don’t get fired often in NFL when they win Division, no matter what Division their in.

Is it even possible to regress after what we witnessed last season? Lol

3 Likes

Hello!!!

Lol

0-12? 1-11?

1 Like

The naysayers also think that only potential NFL guys are transferring as if no one who’s eligible to play this year will make it to the NFL.

Corbin, Stevenson, Anenih, Turner and Damarion Williams are all guys who will be in the NFL after this year.

CDH could get a speeding ticket going 10 over the limit and somehow they would find a way to attribute it to being a bad coach.

A lot of things are truly unrelated and it’s ok. But let’s let them go off. Plenty of crow to go around after this season and guys like you and I DD won’t be partaking. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

What fun would this board be if us 10% naysayers didn’t keep the other 90% on your toes!
:grin::smile:

1 Like

Touche my friend. :joy:

2 Likes

Nothing malicious coming from me Smitty. It’s all good…very Boring at the moment so keeping the convo open

1 Like

I mentioned in the middle of last year that there very well could be an exodus of some key players. It is probably a combination of some players dislike for Holgorsen and those same players wanting a change of scenery. Not every player who leaves is lazy or ungrateful. It also could be said that some might have left whether Holgorsen was here or not. Not everything is to be blamed on the HC. However, I do find it concerning that this many players have left the program or are not panning out.

If Holgorsen is half the a-hole with the players that he is with the media, then there are some players who will not respond well to that, especially when you are talking about 22-23 yr old men with legitimate professional aspirations.

Some people like Holgorsen’s shtick - the I am an old crotchety ball coach thing. I am not one of them.

5 Likes

I knew someone silly would take the stance/position of saying that all players have “potential”.

It was you xsmithcoog.

Don’t be silly

Wait one sec…I said all players have NFL potential? I only named a few who I thought would be in the NFL. At the end of the day it’s just my opinion so I could be wrong.

1 Like

You need stop dude. Lol. Ya man. All players have the potential (sarcastic) of being nfl players.

Lol I’m confused. Are you saying that I made that statement, or are you making that statement?

1 Like