King's Planned Visits

I don’t think it’s quite as simple as ability to start at a P5. But I do think he wants to go somewhere where he thinks he can have a big year and hopefully improve his stock rather than trying to win a CFP title/heisman. Coaching/offensive philosophy and ability to start are probably the two biggest drivers I’d guess.

But yes. I think Dana got a lot of the blame for his regression with his dad and that’s the biggest reason this is happening. Whether he regressed due to playing a generally tougher schedule, lingering effects from his injury, the coaching change, statistical noise/regression to the mean or some combination of the four is unclear/debatable.

Maybe CDH was more direct in his conversations with King about him not following progessions, missing passes, not learning the offense, etc than King was accustomed too. Maybe CDH didn’t allow his dad the access he wanted. I don’t know. We don’t know, other than lack of performance in the CDH offense, what his reasons were – its all speculation. But CDH took the heat and covered for the guy. If there is someone to be blamed, it’s DK, not CDH.

7 Likes

If we are throwing out the maybes…maybe CDH is stubborn and was trying to force a square peg in a circle hope. Maybe CDH is not as great of a qb developer as some thought. Maybe redshirting an entire season is bad for a program. Maybe letting your starting qb quit mid season and letting him stick around the team is bad leadership from the coaches. I mean, maybe.

2 Likes

Maybe CDH was thinking more about the long range development of the whole team by implementing his offense instead of accommodating one player who would be gone after this season had he played the whole season.

4 Likes

Wait a minute, it might work. How big is the circle?

You are basing this on one season at UH? There is no doubt King was not a good fit for Dana’s offense, and when that became obvious through the first four games, he basically decided to leave…see ya…

1 Like

But if its now supposedly out there that King was never coming back to begin with, how did he redshirt the whole season? That means Corbin and Car were the only guys healthy who redshirted. And the plan for Car was set coming into the season because of his graduation date and solid depth at RB (literally no body complained about it at the time).

Really? we still talking about this guy? Time to move on and worry about UH football not about some guy that wanted out of the program. 200

6 Likes

Just have always wondered…King did not play well in the first 4 games. Could it be that CDH told him he was going to sit and that Tune would be given a chance? Therefore to save face he opted to redshirt? And maybe he is now worried he could not unseat Tune next year for the starting position, so now again, to save face he is transferring.

1 Like

Are you new here? :slightly_smiling_face:

Or, maybe, just maybe, you, I and everyone else don’t have a clue what actually went on.

4 Likes

Problem with your post which I believe 100% true :sunglasses: , is that 80% on here don’t believe what your saying is true. :grin: #KnowItAlls

1 Like

Yup.

2 Likes

What is all this “letting”?

Dana doesn’t control what King and his dad do. He was throwing passes at people’s feet. We were 1-3. He quit.

For his sake lets hope Miami receivers wear gloves on their feet…or a Hell of a lot of stick em.

1 Like

Bad Advisors. Sad.

I read CDH’s lips multiple times on TV saying “Hit the GD receiver”. Big chance he really struggled with the complexities of multiple reads — or maybe he didn’t who knows. I just recall the look on CDHs face after missing some easy passes.

1 Like

Pearland I know what you’re saying but how D’Eriq does this season affects the future of our program. We are going to look really bad if ESPN’s wish comes true and King tears it up as a Heisman contender and we struggle. It will negatively affect the perception of CDH on a whole lot of levels, it will affect recruiting, especially amongst QBs the most important position, the college football world and NCAA will laugh at us and say see your stupid tanking strategy blew up in your face, and it will push the G5-P5 narrative.

Objectively we need King to not play well so we can get our program back on the right track.

The staff or the style of offense? Do you think if he had mastered the offense and was still the starter he would transfer due to the staff ?

1 Like

I think you’re putting way too much into it. Not that deep imo, and i hope he goes somewhere n does well. If said recruit be QB, RB, you name it , thinks he has a chance to get on the field and be productive they will come. It’s not like Coogs are getting bunch 4* 5* recruits begging to come. Just my 2cents, don’t think it’s that deep or even close to recruiting issue if D’Eric does well his SR year. All the best to him.

1 Like

Miami is a huge dumpster fire at the moment. The locker room tone and player antics are out of control according to a former UM player .