King's Planned Visits

Also you’re going on assumption that he was told to rs. As many here have stated it very could have been D’Eric n his dad who put CDH in tough situation where he protected the S/A as best he could. Best post I’ve seen on the 25+ threads :exploding_head: on this subject is most on forum think they know exactly what happen when really no one knows how it played out, unless forum member is holding out n protecting the innocent or guilty party. #GoCoogs

1 Like

My guess is it was the staff and that doesn’t necessarily mean Holgorsen.

I know people want to rationalize that King couldn’t hack it in a new system. It is simply not true. It wasn’t all King and it wasn’t all the coaches. King is a very talented QB, but things were headed in the wrong direction.

We are better off he moved on if he wasn’t 100% committed and he is better off finding a situation where he feels he can flourish.

The fact is he has 11 games at a new school in a new system. And, according to him, he doesn’t even know where that is yet. If I’m gambling, and I’m not, I would say his odds of being successful are not great.

Whereas, Holgorsen’s job just became easier. He can now focus on the roster he has available. Coaches don’t like uncertainty.

3 Likes

Not even close.

I disagree.

1 Like

My point is, if King were to struggle again you have Clayton coming on for his third straight year as the second choice. I think it’s much better for both Dana and Clayton for both to know who’s running the offense from the get-go.

Lol at the meme though. Understated midwestern humor???

3 Likes

Based upon his dad’s comments last fall I am convinced his dad and possibly DK had issues with Dana or his staff. Or possibly they blamed Dana’s system and offensive approach to degrading his performances from 2018 to 2019. People when they are failing or things are going wrong love to point fingers elsewhere instead of looking in the mirror.

Regardless of how well he performed under Briles I don’t see Briles and the state of the Arky program helping his career past college.

2 Likes

Last post on King for me. Know the family well. Dad Eric was a stud at Waltrip but was more of a “me” player. Became a pee wee coaching legend,(was a damn good coach) had a gig at St.Pius, and Westbury Christian. Common denominator at every stop was, that if he didn’t get his way or the spotlight wasn’t shining him or his, he left. Took D’eriq to Manvel and had a lot of success. Even with those successes, a lot of the Maverick family were glad to see The King Train depart the station. This is on Eric King, nobody else. Wishing D’eriq all the best, he is a UofH Graduate and I am proud of that fact.GO COOGS!

17 Likes

Waltrip here. Classof78 :sunglasses:. #OakForest #CandelightPark

1 Like

Dana needs to be more hands on.

Wasn’t it the Tulane game where he said he can’t coach this *** [stuff]? I thought that was after a series with Logan at QB and an injured Tune.

Thanks BoysofFall. It reminds me of Danuel House and Thomas. May not have been dads in those cases but advisors nonetheless. House turned out fine but wouldn’t been fine at UH too. Thomas, not sure.

Daddy

That was UConn I believe.

Waltrip Here Class of '77. ODC HOF Candle Light Park, Myti Burger

1 Like

Nice

Shipley’s across from School!! Grew up in Ella Lee Forest!!

Waltrip Drum Major Class of '69. (Former UH LB Frank Ditta was in Waltrip Class of '68.)

Lived on DuBarry (near Ella) just north of Waltrip. Lot’s of race cars hung out at the Jack-in-the-Box (circa 1970-75). I had a really fast Petty Blue '66 Plymouth Belvedere & won lots of street races.

Yes, Myti Burger; Shipley’s Donuts; the Chuck Wagon (next to Waltrip); Doyle’s Restaurant; Ducho’s Steakhouse; Candlelight Park.

1 Like

Howdy neighbors…now on Wakefield. Have died and gone to heaven with all that’s going on here. Best move I have ever made.

1 Like

All very familiar. Jack-in-Box on Ella was still very popular in late 70s. I was fortunate to have/drive a 76 Camero my SR yr in 1978. #memories