Kyle Allen today

OK Sam, let me modify that: If Allen was playing on a CDH team, with a decent OL, he would be lights out. He was like a thoroughbred hitched to a plow under CMA. CMA’s team had an Ole OL and needed someone like King who is as much a runner as a QB.

1 Like

I think both Briles and Dana would have used him better.

1 Like

Just bad timing for Allen at UH. Which makes it all the more interesting to consider what pitch Herman used to get him here.

5 Likes

Haskins is a BUST.

2 Likes

It was probably something like this: “Hey, Kyle. How would you like to get the hell out of College Station?”

That would work for me.

12 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Haters. I still root for D King.

I’m just saying Allen wasn’t really a good fit for what we wanted to do offensively just as King wasn’t for Holgorsen. That’s not a controversial statement, and I don’t really blame Major or Dana for how things worked out. Allen didn’t exactly light it up at A&M either, where they did run the air raid. Sure, I would think he would have had more success with QB gurus, both of whom are also RPO guys.

Kyle Allen couldn’t see linebacker spy underneath in coverage from what I remember… He kept throwing terrible interceptions and couldn’t pick up that coverage. It was bad…

Kyle Allen was 2-1 for a starter for us.
His first game we beat Arizona (Sumlin) with him not having good stats.
His second game we beat Rice with him breaking an FBS record.
His third game he was pulled before we ultimately lost to Tech with him not having good stats.

Maybe he would have put it all together in our system if he had another start, but then we then went with Postma and then later King (who was supposedly the intended starter the whole time but was dealing with injuries the first few games).

1 Like

How ironic it would be if Allen ended up being a better NFL player than King!

3 Likes

He’s thrown 23 TDs so far in his NFL career…on average it would be hard for any drafted QB to reach that level of production.

3 Likes

The production of our undrafted QBs the last several years has been pretty impressive. Allen, Keenum, and Ward (although plays WR now) have all far exceeded expectations.

2 Likes

Please, you are all missing a key point.
Recruiting.
What was the legacy that jusdas and applesauce leave us with?
We had the worst recruiting in years with these bobbleheads. CDH made it very clear for all of us when he came on board. He was shocked. Who do you think it to blame? How is this affecting the QB play with the then system? It would have affected every system imaginable.
Postma was running for dear life. Is that a coincidence too?
Kyle Allen to his credit NEVER complained. That is what leaders do.
Did you ever hear Andre, David, Kevin, Case or Greg complain?
Who complained in the last few months?

2 Likes

I thought CDH’s complaint was mostly roster management with the lack of redshirting. I have to say I did not pay close attention to all of that – I was a little off the wagon after to driving to Dallas for that Army bowl game in Major’s swan song.

1 Like

King ain’t gonna be a QB in the NFL.

3 Likes

If that’s the case, then will King be anything else in the NFL? If not, then it’ll be EVEN MORE ironic as Allen continues to do great things there!!!

2 Likes

Nice game by Allen, always good to see the Cowboys get hammered.

5 Likes

San antonio news this am showing highlights, said the AGGIE Kyle Allen, pissed me off!!

He might have a chance at WR with his speed and elusiveness. I worry that his lower body is just too frail.

1 Like