Kyle Allen today

I wonder if they showed the highlights of Kyler Murray as the the former Aggie Kyler Murray

I try not to make negative comments about players, but Kyle Allen was a bad QB in college, and anything else is revisionism. Sumlin’s offense is one of the easiest to learn in college football, and he couldn’t even manage that. He probably would have looked about the same in CDH’s offense as he did in Sumlin’s.

1 Like

I only remember him having one good game at UH: against Rice, and that was a game in which our much taller and faster WRs were absolutely running CIRCLES around Rice’s small, slow DBs. Pretty much any QB could have racked up completions against them, and had a good game as a result.

When he was benched, I remember thinking that he was, for all practical purposes, a BUST.

But the talent and physical tools were obviously there all along. Apparently, he has received the coaching and found the system fit that he needed in order to develop into an NFL QB at the pro level. He obviously did not receive said coaching or find the correct system fit at the college level, either here, or at aTm.

God only knows what he might have done under CDH.

1 Like

and 17 INT’s with 11 fumbles. So 23 TD’s and 28 turnovers in 18 career games.

1 Like

King is a great player. For the next level he will be like GW Jr. It will take him some time to understand how to be a receiver in the NFL.

I am not saying can’t make it. Just it will take some time. Herman and Applewhite did the young man an injustice keeping him at QB. Great runner, OK thrower. Receiver is still up in the air on how well he will do.

1 Like

Herman had him play WR.

1 Like

Allen in an RPO was just dumb. If the QB can’t run, the defense doesnt have to account for any option. Klingler would have failed in an RPO offense

2 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, he came here to be a QB–it was his choice. Nobody made him do anything he didn’t want to do. He just played some receiver and returned some kicks while Greg Ward was starting.

OTOH, some folks have been pretty vocal about Bryson Smith playing QB, and have questioned Applewhite and CDH’s intelligence about not playing him there. But I have seen an interview with Smith where he said he wanted to be a receiver. Apparently, he sees that his best chance of moving on to the NFL is to play receiver. But that bothers some people.

Point is, kids typically play the position they want, or they sign with or transfer somewhere where they can. See e.g., Andre Ware.

I think he came here, in part, because we were going to let him play QB. Being a WR in 2016 was always intended to be temporary.

Think if we had dana when kyle was here
he would’ve perfectly in his system!

7 Likes

he just suffered a gruesome injury
 similar to dak

prayers up for him

2 Likes

That’s awful but somewhat better situation than I imagined
https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1325515252247785473?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I have been rooting for him. He picked UH under Herman. The Ags certainly don’t seem to claim him.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting. We are all pulling for you Kyle.

4 Likes

How bout this
 next time anyone runs into Kyle Allen, y’all ask him what he thinks. Go Coogs!

“ Undrafted out of Texas A&M in 2018, Allen has played for the Panthers, the Commanders, and the Texans”