Lael Lockhart Jr

https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/1255892003549741061?s=21

Really not surprised given the circumstances. With all the new players coming in, I just don’t see us having the financial resources to fund an extra year for all the seniors to play a fifth year granted for spring sports.

1 Like

Corrected that.

1 Like

No biggie!

https://twitter.com/KendallRogers/status/1256370638706618381?s=19

Glad him and his girl friend got closer to Utah lol…It is obvious we have problems in our program…hoping we can turn things around next year…

3 Likes

Hurds is the one hopefully going to Utah. Strong recruiting class coming in…playing time will be at a premium, especially for 5th year holdovers. With their added scholly costs as well. Program not where it should be tournament wise, but the sky is not falling over transfers.

4 Likes

You are right about Hurds…my bad…and although we lost a couple of key recruits we do have a really good bunch coming in…that’s college baseball

1 Like

Arkansas ?? Gross

Interesting take on the UH campus. After listening to this, still not really sure why he made the decision.

1 Like

The reason if baseball increases scholarships these are the guys who’ll take the money just for the SEC ride and may never play but could’ve been a contributor elsewhere.

If they want to be sec or whatever so badly just walk-on.

He’s going for grad school. Why would he just walk on?

You really don’t know why someone would play at Arkansas over UH right now?

Arkansas is coming off 3 CWS appearances in the last 5. I wouldn’t wanna spend a full 4 years in NW Arkansas, but that’s probably the best you’re going to do for that state.

2 Likes

The transfer portal is going crazy right now…kids moving all over the place…Kendall Rogers site is really good at covering it. Even seeing some D1 Sophs moving to JUCO, to do their Soph season over. I would imagine we’ll be very active in the transfers

1 Like

As a freshman, yes. As a grad transfer, given his 2020 performance, no.

1 Like

Based on giving up 9 earned runs across his four starts he shouldn’t go to Arkansas?

I mean if you want to question why Arkansas would take him, yeah I get that. I will say judging on a 1/3 of a season sample size isn’t exactly fair when you have all of 2019 of LL being a good Friday starter in a tough league.

1 Like

Smart move by Arky…you can never, ever have enough good arms. Pitching wins championships, always has and always will

1 Like

Yes, however, was he really that good of an arm? I always thought either he should stick to first base or be slotted in the bullpen. He had no business being in the rotation, especially the Friday night starter. If Arky puts him in the bullpen, then I think he will do fine. I don’t think they will be too pleased with the outcome if he is in their rotation against batters in the SEC. By the way, as Srassen has said, it’s a no brainer to go to Arky over UH. SEC baseball is special.

2 Likes

Average stats at best.

Still smart move IMO, no matter where he slots on staff AND he can swing it as well if needed …sign me up…Arky has that luxury

1 Like