Lael Lockhart Jr

His year over year stats are odd. Assume not having Davis in the lineup this year hurt him quite a bit.

A 3.58 ERA from your Friday starter and innings leader isn’t “average stats at best”.

You either have no idea what you’re talking about or you’re arguing in bad faith to take a shot at a Cougar grad who put a lot into this program.

2 Likes

I guess the 2020 season left such a bad taste in my mouth that I overlooked that 2019 era. 3.58 is pretty good. But what the heck happened this season? It just seemed like he couldn’t string together too many clean innings. Perhaps that’s the reason for the transfer. Maybe a change of scenery will straighten him out.

2 Likes

Youre right that 2020 was easily his worst season in the program. Id like to think he woulda gotten things sorted out with a full season (at least on the mound) but no guarantee of that.

The biggest what if for me will always be Lockhart the hitter. He had really promising fr/soph years at the plate and I dont think he ever woulda been a 15-20 HR a year guy, but I felt certain he’s become a .300+ guy with good gap power and good for 8-9 HRs.

1 Like