Lamar game Sept 10 start (revised)

Should the Coogs start the season 1-0 (don’t want to jinks the good guys) would Lamar game start @11 am? When you look at the schedule, every game is potentially a tv game, in fact half already are.

Different thought, too lazy to start another thread …
There was a space or two between the thoughts.

Several people have commented UH seemed to be a pretty good draw @11am. Could the team be come the Morning Show on Saturday?

oh hell to the no!..we’re gong prime time!..

Can’t tailgate like a P5 school with 11 am starts. Just can’t. :beer:

I’m sure a game against a powerhouse like Lamar would be the featured game prime time. Probably have the ESPN Game Day there too.

the last sentence of the original post suggest that UH would be a regular at 11 am…not just with Lamar…i’m sure we’re all OK with 11 am kickoffs for all the games…

I think LSU fan can tailgate if the game stared at 7am

1 Like

Seems to work for the Big 10.

11am gives you more time to celebrate the victories.

Good point. Perhaps I should revisit my breakfast menu!

The Big 10 is also made up of Northern schools, where it isn’t 100+ degrees between 11-3 in September.

1 Like

Erm, maybe the OP is onto something. Check out the official site’s listing for the Lamar game:

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/hou-m-footbl-sched.html

The conference just announced all kick times/networks for the first few weeks. The Lamar game is listed as TBD.

And the official site now conforms with the conference press release, and shows the game as TBA. Thank God.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/743121179494350848

As someone mentioned on Twitter, the only possible explanation for this is we play @ Cincinnati that next Thursday, so the team could get a few extra hours of rest.

11am for Lamar in early Sept?? and on ESPN3?? :rage:

Don’t forget the sunblock.

This is a golden opportunity for UH to demonstrate that it has an improving fan-base.

Put ~40,000 folks in TDECU for an 11:00am game against Lamar and that says we’re ready for a move to a P-5 league.

1 Like

If ESPN3 is the only inventive, choosing an 11:00 a.m. kick for the Lamar game is insane.