Lamar game Sept 10 start (revised)

Should the Coogs start the season 1-0 (don’t want to jinks the good guys) would Lamar game start @11 am? When you look at the schedule, every game is potentially a tv game, in fact half already are.

Different thought, too lazy to start another thread …
There was a space or two between the thoughts.

Several people have commented UH seemed to be a pretty good draw @11am. Could the team be come the Morning Show on Saturday?

oh hell to the no!..we’re gong prime time!..

Can’t tailgate like a P5 school with 11 am starts. Just can’t. :beer:

(Mike Higdon) #4

I’m sure a game against a powerhouse like Lamar would be the featured game prime time. Probably have the ESPN Game Day there too.

the last sentence of the original post suggest that UH would be a regular at 11 am…not just with Lamar…i’m sure we’re all OK with 11 am kickoffs for all the games…

I think LSU fan can tailgate if the game stared at 7am

(Trent) #7

Seems to work for the Big 10.

11am gives you more time to celebrate the victories.

Good point. Perhaps I should revisit my breakfast menu!

The Big 10 is also made up of Northern schools, where it isn’t 100+ degrees between 11-3 in September.

(gpropes) #11

Erm, maybe the OP is onto something. Check out the official site’s listing for the Lamar game:

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/hou-m-footbl-sched.html

(gpropes) #12

The conference just announced all kick times/networks for the first few weeks. The Lamar game is listed as TBD.

(gpropes) #13

And the official site now conforms with the conference press release, and shows the game as TBA. Thank God.

(Cary) #14

(gpropes) #15

As someone mentioned on Twitter, the only possible explanation for this is we play @ Cincinnati that next Thursday, so the team could get a few extra hours of rest.

11am for Lamar in early Sept?? and on ESPN3?? :rage:

Don’t forget the sunblock.

This is a golden opportunity for UH to demonstrate that it has an improving fan-base.

Put ~40,000 folks in TDECU for an 11:00am game against Lamar and that says we’re ready for a move to a P-5 league.

(David Raffetto) #19

If ESPN3 is the only inventive, choosing an 11:00 a.m. kick for the Lamar game is insane.

(Steve O'Keefe) #20