Levine and Applewhite have outperformed Holgerson so far

Well this was a ranked BYU team vs the Byu teams Levine and applewhite played against. However we could have won this game and the score doesn’t reflect how close it was. I seriously doubt levene or applewhite would have won this game. I like what Dana is doing here and he will get it done.

9 Likes

@Coogfans2ndAdmin

Oh no !

I think it is funny to compare CDH to any other coaches when we are only through game 2 in season 2.

4 Likes

It’s not funny, it’s asinine. Last year’s season was the most screwed up season in my lifetime, involving new transfer rules (portal) combined with the new redshirt rule (4games), our new coach trying to build a team. This was like playing 3 dimensional chess while roller skating.
Fast forward King and Jones bailing, Covid hitting, no Spring practice, limited Fall practice, 5 cancelled/postponed games…etc. And folks are comparing ? Wow…

Did I leave anything out ?

CDH has a chance to be a great coach here. I am always amazed at the lack of patience exhibited by our fans. Trust the folks who got us here (Renu, Tillman and Pez), and have a little faith.

13 Likes

That peach bowl season really has put y’alls expectations out of wack.

One great season every 9 or 10 years is good with me, and few upsets here and there.

2 Likes

Some people are acting like ut fans… Stop it. Don’t do that to yourself.

2 Likes

This is both an ignorance and an arrogance thread. Some folks’ comments on here would seem more understandable if they were being posted over on an aggie board.

3 Likes

All I want is a conference championship more often than every 10 years.

3 Likes

The OP is the kind of guy that slammed Tune as being a terrible QB. He may or may not have done it, but his over-the-top, knee-jerk criticism of the headcoach makes his post seem clueless. No way in hell is Holgorsen worse than Levine or Applewhite! To suggest that makes you seem foolish!

Holgorsen is in a different league from those two as far as coaching is concerned. He might be the best coach we have since Yeoman! Give the man some time before making silly assessments!

6 Likes

I am going to take a wild guess that first year coaches replacing a coach who left for for a better job (Sumlin and Herman) have a better overall situation that coaches replacing someone who got fired.

12 Likes

I agree, but I would have said that Sumlin and Herman left for higher paying jobs, not necessarily better jobs.

3 Likes

Seems like a bit of an overreaction after a loss to a top 15 team in the second game of the year where it was generally a competitive game that the final score didn’t really reflect.

This upcoming three game stretch will tell us a lot about where we are.

3 Likes

Jones? You mean Jarrid Williams.

1 Like

Right, I agreed

Since Yeoman ??? :joy::joy::joy:

Let him win a few games at UH first

1 Like

Thank you Kendall, i agree with everything you say. ANY criticism of CDH is nothing but pique…He has done a great job of quickly improving a really screwed up program he inherited from Applewhite. This team is FAR better than last years and future teams will be better than this one.
Attendance questions are a foolish waste of time to even MENTION in the middle of a pandemic…Normal circumstances, the BYU game would be a sellout with a huge pro Houston crowd shouting down a few thousand BYU die hards…That would have made a huge difference in the 4th quarter. Home crowds give teams energy…

10 Likes

From my perspective, its wasn’t Holgorsen that lost the BYU game or got out coached. The players mistakes were really bad and undisciplined. Head butting an opponent after the play and piling on (Paul) after you already took a guy to the turf is undisciplined.

It is only game 2. Holgorsen will discipline them no doubt. We already see improvement in turnovers :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the kind of stuff Aggies post; lose one game and it’s time to bring back the last guy. It should be obvious that CDH did not have a full cupboard left for him. Even last year, the kids were better coached at every position. As for Friday’s game against BYU were were ahead going into the 4th quarter. BYU is a veteran squad that is well coached. Take away a few mistakes on special teams and we win this game.

4 Likes

Yeppers…ur correct…sorry for the brain fart.

1 Like