Longhorn players want Eyes of Texas dropped

I go back to how Texas was formed. It was in large part because Mexico was going to ban slavery and the Texas slave owners didn’t want that, including Sam Houston.

How is Texas with Sam Houston etc getting it’s independence any different than the Confederates?

If it was the same, how come Houston didn’t want to join them.

Okay now the next step for you to take is to ask what right did the United States have to fight the revolutionary war with the country where its citizens came from.

1 Like

The Texas’s were traitors to the Mexicans, the same way you think the Confederates were traitors to the US. And both reasons for succession were in large part due to slavery.

How is Texas getting it’s independence and the University of Houston being named after a traitor to Mexico any different than General Lee and the Confederates?

1 Like

It is the next step and the British though the Americans were traitors.

And they would be right.

1 Like

Lee is the most overrated general in history. Your supposed to win defensive battles and the union Generals were inept in the beginning. As soon as Lee went on the offensive what happened? Plus Lee always lost tons of troops, Pickett charge was doomed ffron the get go, what a terrible plan for the battle.

1 Like

Who taught you Texas History? Because you are only including what fits your narrative.

I know Texas history, its American

I am confused, is that your answer?

Most are guilty of being blind to labor issues because they want things for less take for example an iphone made in China where employees can’t resign what does that sound like.

The world’s biggest iPhone factory has been accused of violating various Chinese labour laws, including refusing to let workers resign and using too many temporary workers.

The outsourced Apple factory, operated by Taiwan electronics giant Foxconn, also forces student interns to work overtime and night shifts illegally during production peak seasons, a new investigation claims.

Apple and manufacturing partner Foxconn admitted to having employed too many temporary workers, but denied most allegations in the report released by a non-profit monitor of workers’ rights

Yes your deflection means nothing.

Kind of like California now right lol? And I don’t think you can blame the soldiers for the war at all.
Although slavery was wrong I believe many of the soldiers who fought for the South believed it was too. Heck, even some of the blacks fought for the south.
Like I said, the Northern leaders saw nothing wrong with slavery for a lot of years before the Industrial Revolution…
Christian, church leaders all over the south were against slavery and preached it from their pulpits. And also remember, that while it did not make it right, less than 3% of the population actually owned slaves…and they were very wealthy.
BTW I read recently that Africa bought white slaves several decades after we fought our civil war.
I do think we all agree that slavery is totally wrong and uncalled for, but trying to rewrite the history books and finding things that offend us so we can whine like babies is no good…

So in other words, there is no difference. Thank you for the answer.

It is because it doesn’t fit your narrative that the Confederates were not any different than the original Americans or the original Texans to the countries they originally betrayed.

Sam Houston defeating the Mexicans isn’t any different than General Lee fighting against the North except who won and lost.

1 Like

CA isn’t the only state with people that have talked about seceding and did nothing about it.

And, I’m not blaming soldiers. I’m blaming the leaders.

I’m also not taking up for the north. Or blaming the common folk people in the south. Or rewriting history. I just don’t like the idea of celebrating confederate leaders.

5 Likes

Except Sam Houston didn’t join the rebels to America. He obviously saw the difference, though u can’t

Man, this got crazy quick lol…I am going to step back from the keyboard lol knowing this thread will not end well…when you talk about very sensitive and political things emotions really do tend to run rampant…Go Cougars

2 Likes

Some people really need to celebrate losers, if not for racism, why?

2 Likes

Sam Houston wouldn’t even had been able to join anything is he didn’t become a traitor against Mexico.

B can’t happen is A doesn’t happen first.

Texas has no American history if it didn’t do the same thing as the Confederates tried to do. Obviously, you don’t understand that.

Good Gawd !!

I’m out !!

1 Like

Watch the movie 1776 Ben Franklin will explain if to you