Maddox Kopp Qb recruit

The hardest part would be getting the data in a usable format. We know 247 has it that way. Makes me think they know the answer. The fact that they aren’t telling us the answer probably gives the answer.

Wait, who put this tinfoil hat on my head?

3 Likes

Or they don’t know the answer and it’s a spread sheet with random numbers. Lol tin foil out

1 Like

Massoud was a Rutgers commit.

You weren’t paying close attention to Oliver’s rankings like I did. Oliver started out as a 5 star according to rivals and other sites, but once he committed to UH, rivals dropped him to a 4 star.

I knew all this because I was extremely impressed at the time (And still is) that a player of Oliver’s status would commit to us instead of the “Power5!” And so I checked his commitment status nearly everyday to see if he was still with us or if it were simply a gimmick and he was going to change his mind.

Over the course of Oliver’s commitment I checked a couple of other sites and they had always maintained Oliver’s status as a 5 star; however, rivals held steadfast to its 4 star status for Oliver until the week before signing day when it flipped Oliver’s status back to a 5 star.

Rivals only did that because by this time all the media talked about was how great and unstopable Oliver was. He was one of the most, if not the most, talked about recruit in the nation and rivals could no longer downplay his greatness and media attention! That was when I noticed rivals had re-instated his 5 star status after spending over 3/4 of the year downgrading him to a 4 star status

Ed was #4 on ESPN, #7 on 247, #19 on Rivals. I would love to know why Rivals dropped him while the other two didn’t. The more I look into Rivals, I don’t like it. Every single 5 star (31 players) has a 6.1 rating. So there is no difference between the best player and 31st best player? That is why my go to is the 247 composite.

The 247 ranking actually moved him up after committing. https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Ed-Oliver-at-Westfield-59631/RecruitRankHistory/?history=top247

1 Like

Montcoog,
Any inside knowledge on whether we can snag him?

1 Like

His Dad played college tennis at a smaller school. I can only quote Will as saying “the smaller school (I.e., not a Michigan) sometimes is the better option…” And we are stressing academics to him…
I feel certain that we are more than “in the running” for this young man. IMO, you get a young man with this type of family, these values…he will be a guy you can build a program around. Think Case…who is probably an even better person than he is a record setting QB.
I’ll take THAT guy every single time.

9 Likes

Those were the two other sites that I checked a lot beside rivals — ESPN and 247. To their credit they were pretty consistent with Oliver’s status, unlike rivals.

in fact, rivals had Isaiah Chambers rated significantly higher than Oliver!

2 Likes

That’s crazy.

1 Like

Homework was clearly not done if they posted Chambers ahead of Ed even by a fraction.

If you want to track one look at Daniel Young before and after his visit to Austin.

1 Like

Noted! Me and my team of detectives will be on the case!

7 Likes

Niiiiiice…Ned Flanders shadowed by Gatsby.
I prefer Cleauseau…

3 Likes

3 Likes

the bs excuse of “new tape is always coming in and we hadn’t gotten to it yet” is bunk. Westfield’s program is plenty big and everyone had plenty of tape on him previous to 1/20

1 Like

Kopp got his ratings in. Top 1000 player. New pic as well on 247. Got his ranking on 7/2.

Looks like Rivals gave him a 5.6 and 3 stars finally so now there is a composite ranking.

2 Likes

So He was at 991 when I posted this the other day. His composite score has moved up and he is now 668 nationally. However when you click on history he has just one entry at 668 with no record of being 991 ranked just 4 days ago.

1 Like

He also moved to a 5.7 on rivals.

1 Like

So they’re deleting their own history now? Interesting.

1 Like