Maddox Kopp Qb recruit

From what I’m hearing from my UT family, UT is only going to take one QB during this recruiting cycle, even though Herman made that comment. The staff believes that strongly about the QB commit they have.

1 Like

They all stayed 3 star.Is there a chance that a player ever slides due to their play? Or is it 100% a p5 conspiracy?

Both Massoud and Dot dropped from 4 star. If either would have committed to a number of P5 schools on their lists( and there were plenty) they would have moved back up.

Ceaser was for a fact a 4 star as well. I highly doubt it had anything to do with play on the field. Again, I’m not saying it’s just us, we’re just talking about UH athletes at the moment.

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Offers-2019-Four-Star-DE-Nelson-Ceaser-114527242/

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to see an analysis of what happens to a big subscriber base school recruits after committing there vs G5. The data is available from 247 as they show the history.

1 Like

I was going to post it but I’m not near my computer. Please post so all can see. The history and the offer dates are definitely there.

Edit: Ian if you click on history it shows their rise and fall in ratings.

1 Like

UT already has a QB from Katy Tompkins committed who is four star, as well as another top QB from Dallas.

See here:

Highly touted 2021 QB Jalen Milroe commits to Texas over Texas A&M, Alabama, others(Katy%2C%20Texas,a%20group%20of%20eight%20finalists.&text=Milroe%20is%20rated%20as%20a%204%2Dstar%20prospect%20and%20the%20No.

I know that only because my next door neighbor’s son is his backup at Tompkins.

With that in mind, perhaps Kopp will give us a closer look than UT.

@Uhsigep96 Some large drops.

Massoud:

Dot:

Ceaser:

Sofian looks like he may have been a four star going into his junior year. He was rated a 91. That is right there where 4 star land starts. That was June 2018 and by the end of that season he was a three star and then he committed to Rutgers. He moved slightly after that going into the summer when he committed to us.

Nelson started around a 90 which may have been 4 stars back in October of 2017 and after the playoffs he was a 94 by January 2018. He dropped to a 90 after his uNofficial visit to LSU. After Nebraska, Arkansas and Purdue offered he dropped to an 89. He committed to us in July and dropped another point to an 88 by the time he signed.

On a side note I am hoping for huge things from him this season. Did he redshirt?

It shows their rise and fall if they have a composite. So we cannot see Kopp yet.

1 Like

Trying to steer away from the conspiracy, but I went and looked at the horn ratings history for most of the guys they signed last year, and there definitely is some funny stuff going on with the numbers. Most notable are small falls here and there, but most guys end up better than their initial rating! Taking the tinfoil hat off now. lol

I don’t remember seeing Nelson that much so I really hope he did RS. I think all 3 of the guys will be studs but if Ceaser took any work ethic and motor pointers from Parrish or Anenih then look out!

Hey guys…I might have at least a partial answer on why Maddox has come on so strong, with so few taking early notice…
He is also a basketball stud…and was devoting a substantial amount of time and effort towards that sport.

Now he is all football. This comes from my conversations with his dad, Will Kopp, who is one of the better human beings I know in life.

Now that he is devoting all of his time to football, he is a rising star…and CDH found him early…

4 Likes

The thing is, most of the rating is based on who offers them. These sites aren’t actually evaluating players individually. They see which camps they get invited to, what teams offer, and how much “interest” teams have in them. So you are 100% correct a recruit will jump up when UT offers because UT signs top recruits, it is a circular logic thing. UT screws up everything because of how bad they are at evaluating (or developing/coaching). Schools like Alabama/Clemson don’t miss anywhere near as much so an offer from them should be a boost to rating. These sites should factor in winning more than recruiting ranking.

As for those players falling, maybe it was because they didn’t get anymore offers? I know with Massoud it was confusing why no P5s offered him his senior season, I am guessing that is why his rating fell. The sites weren’t evaluating his stats of games, just saw that P5s did not jump on him while other players did get offers.

3 Likes

I’ve also stated the lack of evals ad nauseam on here. I just don’t want to tick off the subscription crowd because they are serious about their beliefs. lol that’s why I’d rather nitpick the methodology and trends. There has to be a correlation between number of subscribers a fan base has and amount of drops prospects or commits have per year.

Horn for example has so many guys rise but very few fall. That’s why they stink on the field because a lot of the kids they recruit are not that talented. Some will blame it on coaching but a 12 year old could coach horn to 9 wins in the big 12 if they really are that much more talented than the rest. Meanwhile Iowa State and Baylor with “half the talent” are just as good, if not better.

Something’s off.

4 Likes

I like the charts, pinning where they committed and where they signed to UH would help too. It looks like with Ceaser, he was on a free fall before committing to us. Went from .9475 to .8957 (when he committed). Then down to .8871 before signing and .8837 after signing. Small decrease after committing/signing, but biggest drop off was before. I am guessing sites heard that top P5s had “cooled on him”.

3 Likes

Agree about the circular logic. There is some legit evaluation going on but it’s mostly about who is interested in players.

3 Likes

Exactly. Once someone gets word they’re shutting it down then it’s a wrap. No more evals( if any where conducted), and we have to witness an unnecessary tedious fall in rating.

Kopp will probably rack up 20 P5 offers after elite 11 and get a 4 star…but if he chooses UH before elite 11 he won’t get one. If he chooses after, then he’ll slowly lose his star.

Watch closely.

Someone with a lot of time and passion about it should run a study. The data is there.

The problem is those with resources to do it are the ones that have nothing to gain and everything to lose by addressing it. Or they’ve already looked at it and aren’t interested in putting it out there.

2 Likes

Yes, most of the work is trying to get info on how much a team is pursuing a player. Recruiting sites aren’t at elite camps watching throwing mechanics, they are trying to get feedback from coaches and evaluating the words used to describe the player, lol.

3 Likes

If currently there’s any Coogs enrolled do the research for a project for us. Lol it’s at least an original study.

Thank you! And the kids that don’t go to camps (i.e. Kirven) are out here knocking the snot out of kids that did go to camps.

:thinking:

3 Likes