Maui 2021

Sources: Wisconsin, Oregon, Texas A&M, Butler, Notre Dame, Houston, Saint Mary's, and Chaminade will headline the 2021 Maui Invitational.

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) April 7, 2020
4 Likes

But, we need some better OOC opponents :sunglasses:!

5 Likes

I am there.

1 Like

Definitely a good recruiting tool for the staff.

1 Like

Solid lineup.

1 Like

that is not a bad tourney in general, but that is a surprisingly weak maui for its standard…maui is normally the top tourney

1 Like

Confirmed by Duarte with Chron. Coogs & Aggs both going. That’s one of top 3 Tourneys ea year. Much bigger than the one they just played in Hawaii. Top ESPN guys go cover it…Bilas etc.

I see 7 top 30 teams in that field. Buzz is going to have A&M playing good basketball by 2021.

5 Likes

Missing one of the blue bloods like Duke or UNC that are normally there.

1 Like

in 2021 UH will be the defending National Champions.

15 Likes

I love that being a tournament with Oregon, Wisconsin and the gaggles is considered “weak”. I wonder if having the aggies in the tournament significantly weakens it ;).

2 Likes

WOW this is huge, from where we came from 6 years ago prior to coach Sampson to where we are now going. We’re going special places, Go Coogs!

3 Likes

lol the tournament isnt weak…its a good tournament…but maui is normally the toughest tournament every year with multiple blue bloods, compared to the standard of maui, this isnt that tough. this is normally the blue blood tournament bt doesnt seem to have any that year

1 Like

Lately, they are just “light” blue !

3 Likes

I think you are overselling a typical Maui Invitational. It’s usually one of the better tourneys (and will be again in 2021 likely) but Battle 4 Atlantis and a few others can be better in a given year.

If you swapped out Butler for Kansas maybe this would likely be an above average Maui Invitational field.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Literally the only thing I want is to play Texas A&M…

3 Likes

See yall there :slight_smile:

Maui for Turkey Day 2021!

2 Likes

I believe anytime Aggies are around it weakens things.

4 Likes

The 2020 version (if held) is not that impressive if you ignore the brand name and look at recent resume:

5 Likes