Maybe Orlando wasn't that great here

Judas needs to hire his old college roommate from LSU, Dave Aranda. And find a new quarterback; possibly one of the true freshman.

Could be a certain QB from Channelview that is currently on the Crimson Tide roster that could be in Austin next fall with possibly 2 years left of eligibility.

Hmm… He alright. But they have two highly freshman in their roster and one who might be the best in Rochon Johnson in '19. I always thought that 2019 was their year for boom or bust.

Personal experience . . . . . today, I stopped by a Chick fil A I have frequented several times over the past few months. I specifically asked if the owner was in today. I was told NO . . . . . I followed up with “Does he come in frequently?” . . . . . answer NO . . . . . Maybe it’s like education . . . . . Written word is good, but the real education comes thru OJT . . . . . The written rules and real world activity seem to be different, at least in this case . . . . .

I imagine it falls under rules of conduct. As long as the business is making enough money for Chick-Fil-A, no worries. If the business under performs to what they expect, they can point to owner attendance as a reason to revoke the ownership without breach of contract.

A post was split to a new topic: Bill Yeoman interview for panel

Probably. I doubt they put stuff like that on their website just for the heck of it though. The expectation is pretty clear.

I seriously doubt Chick Fil A would be cool with a new owner also coaching college football. That was the point of all this. That would be very public and contrary to their expectations.

Well yeah. I get you don’t get to be a part time owner at Chick Fil A. Although, if Houston was a little more high profile than a top 5 G5 program, you could see Chick Fil A making concessions just on the side story being advertised for free every time the camera pan over to Tony for the first time and the announcers mention his “side gig.”

Maybe. They are also pretty true to their values. I could see them passing on it for that reason but who knows.

We lucked out on that Cincy win, and they weren’t that good.

I remember at the SMU game sitting behind the Houston bench and watching Herman not talk to anybody. He looked like he did not want to be there. There was one time Ward had to run across the sideline to ask him something and right after he answered, Herman turned his back to him and walked farther away. Never seen anything like it before.

2 Likes

There’s the story from a pretty reliable source that he had spent the week in Austin being wined and dined by boosters.

2 Likes

I visit Levine’s Chic-fil-A on weekends. I’ve seen him working behind the counter frequently.

As for our DC, nobody was clamoring to hire him when he was out of the game for a year. He’s Jaime Bryant 2.0.

Same goes for Major Applewhite when Herman hired him.

A key component of Tony’s decision was the fact that his wife Erin had breast cancer and coming back to Houston provided an opportunity to have a more stable home life where he could take on more of the responsibilities she normally handled.

Tony Levine is a very fine and decent human being and a good husband and father; that is far more important than how he did as a head coach. His coaching career may have been brighter had he stayed as a position coach and special teams coordinator.

9 Likes

his point exactly.

His point was that Tom was just as bad at putting together a staff as Major? You don’t get to agree with that. You already made a point that someone doesn’t have to have experience to be the best candidate, so the same would be about being currently employed. I don’t expect you to follow this logic though, so not looking forward to your next rubix cube level reply.

1 Like

Curious if this line of comments is in response to my suggestion of hiring him as a recruiting coordinator/talent evaluator, not a full time coach.

Not sure why you quoted that part for your reply. It was an inside joke for Breaking Bad fans. Idance was the one wondering if he was available and the rest of my convo was just a casual convo with rtcoog if it was feasible for him to be a store owner and our special teams coach if that was what he wanted.

That started a discussion that included hiring him to handle our special teams.