Nate Hinton Interview - Absolute Basketball Experience

you can tell he wants to be drafted this year…kept avoiding questions about coming back. if he had the stock id think he’d be gone. he doesnt so im not sure

5 Likes

Feels like he definitely is ready/wants to leave.

I agree with pesik though, I don’t think he has the stock.

He seems anxious so I can see him leaving whether told he is draftable or not. Hope I’m wrong because I am a huge Hinton fan!

2 Likes

If he is so ready to be drafted then I think he really is leaving regardless of his outcome in the NBA draft. I think if that doesn’t pan out then he probably follows Armoni’s route to the G-league.

“not guaranteed g-league” to “nba” is an extremely unlikely path, maybe 2 move up a year…armoni still hasnt got a 2 way contract let alone an nba contract…armoni stock at the time didnt seem like it could move up much… hintons stock could skyrocket depending on how he develops

if teams arent flat telling him they will take him, i think he comes back…when i watch that i dont sense desperartion to go pro, but simply a desire to play in the NBA

2 Likes

What I’m saying is if he doesn’t want to come back, I’m sure he would rather make some money while playing the game

i dont think its “not wanting to come back” more wanting nba …he speaks of his love for UH in the same interview above

1 Like

I actually just watched it and agree with you.

Not having an NCAA tourney hurt Jarreau, Hinton and Grimes in terms of draft stock. A good tourney has boosted players in the past.

1 Like

Armoni is now stuck in Saskatchewan. That’s not G-League. I think it’s way past time for some to admit he made a mistake leaving early, and is now suffering the repercussions of his poor decision.

6 Likes

How did Armoni make a mistake leaving early? He is getting paid to play professional basketball. G League, Canada, and how ever many other countries he plays in, good for him. Earning a living playing a game.

2 Likes

He had his reason and made the best decision.

1 Like

He is 21 years old and getting paid to hoop

He is doing fine

1 Like

I just watched the vid.

Nate’s gone!

DAMN

That may be true to a certain extent. But if he could develop more into an even better play that is more suitable for the NBA with Coach Sampson, who is probably the best college coach at developing players, then I think it is better for him to stay at UH for another year.

That way when he gets out he is a more polished and proven player for NBA teams. This is especially true for Hinton since he has more potential to play in the NBA than Armoni and getting another year of coaching by Coach Sampson could be the difference between him getting selected to an NBA team in a respectable round or not getting selected at all and ending up playing in the G-League or overseas.

If I were him I would stay another year to give myself another year of getting developed by one of the best coaches in the world! There is no guarantee that you are going to get the kind of high quality coaching in the G-League like you do with Coach Sampson!

It’s not like he is a senior or an older kid or something. He has two years of eligibility so why not make the most use out of it? He is a young guy who has plenty of time to make money! Who knows, another year with Coach Sampson could make him a highly sought after player, which would mean he would be playing for millions of dollars a year rather than go out now and winding up being a G-Leaguer, which would pay him pennies in NBA term!

2 Likes

i dont think he is gone, hinton should have already gotten his intial feedback from the commitee by now… he didnt say what he got but noted “all feedback is great feedback” “take it with a grain of salt” “keep pushing”…just reading between the lines (just an opinion) he has already been told he probably wont be drafted, but from the second part of the interiew he is hoping to get workouts where he belives he can turn some heads

@pesik

He’s gone man

Body language - Word choice

Guy was selling himself to the league

I hope you are right. But, if you aren’t, I’m screenshoting your predictions for another round of @pesik guarantees. Lol.

look at the frst reply in the thread, its obvious he wants to play in the league this year, i noted that already, his body language has little to do with anything…There are over 100 mock drafts on nba draft net, hinton isnt on any of them. cbs, epsn, nbc and most major netowrks have nba big boards (which list somewhere around the top 100 prospects, 60 get drafted) hinton isnt on any of them…
and screenshotting what guarantee, you are the one guaranteeing he is gone, i said he wants to be gone but doesnt have the draft stock to do so…

2 Likes

Just look at it this way…he’s on a job interview and he’d be foolish to say he wasn’t totally interested in working for the new company.

6 Likes