New Indoor practice facility video - Construction begins Friday, Nov 18th

The notch was always going to be there, even at 60K. Where our group is located, our view wont be blocked. I was responding to the comment about not being able to find 3 fans that cared about the view. Our group does. As far as the coaching blackmail goes, the IPF was presented as a project to help us take our next step, irregardless of who the coach would be, and a means to maintain our success. That it was dangled as an incentive for cth to stay was to be expected. Too bad it was not effective.

1 Like

UH ain’t going to expand anytime soon, unless they move to P5 conference; which looks bleak for the near future. That view with the new warehouse hub blocking the view was a bad idea as far as location goes.

https://twitter.com/cesar_Htown/status/870669537120665600

1 Like

This thread is a massive downer. I guess people can’t be happy with nice things.

5 Likes

I’m loving it. Can’t wait to see it completed and one day get the opportunity to possibly tour it during a Fan Appreciation day. :slight_smile:

I left the old CoogFans.com to get away from these threads.

3 Likes

Have they provided a new tailgate map yet? You have to believe that planned out the tailgating moves before finalizing the location of the facility.

1 Like

Holy crap they moved them far away. Now instead of just missing the player introductions and kickoffs, the RV crowds are going to miss the first drive of the game. lol

2 Likes

I know right! Is anyone here on the planning committee? Can we have a town hall to express our concerns and opinion to our rep?

Nothing like taking away the downtown view from your big donors, and then moving their RV lot to the Boondocks in the process.

Smart.

3 Likes

Thursday home games will be a huge problem too. Are they not going to allow the students to park there all day long?

They stagger the lots to close at different times throughout the day.

I am pretty sure my tailgating days are over. The reason is I can now park right by the stadium and get food in the club which is air conditioned with TV’s to watch other games.

Moving the games on campus allowed tailgating to grow. Which in-turn increased the core fan base. Students living on campus increased the student base. I have a feeling the base will stop growing for a few years as the new influx of graduating student fans will be offset by losing core fans that were added by the game day experience. Short of some big win streak, I think our attendance average will be smaller year (even after excluding the OU bump) than the previous couple of years.

The new RV lot is certainly much farther away, but note that they are providing shuttle service to take people very close to the stadium!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CoachJonesFB/status/872099565045985282

1 Like

https://twitter.com/alexm_brown/status/873602450112098304

I dislike a lot about their stadium. I swear the seats at the top on their home side are farther away from the field than the upper level at Cowboys Stadium. Closing in our stadium is much better than leaving a gap and will make the stadium even louder. I haven’t been to any of the big games at TCU, but I would bet TDECU gets louder even now with 5-7k fewer fans.