New turf - New Acadmic Facility and Dining Facility

The dedication of the completely renovated Dominic & Ellen Ng Academic Center for Excellence will take place this Friday at 3:15 p.m. on the second floor of the Athletics/Alumni Center on the University of Houston campus.

Thanks to the generosity of Dominic & Ellen Ng, more than 400 Houston student-athletes will have access to a completely renovated 9,000-square foot center constructed to foster academic excellence. The space consists of a new open floorplan with reconfigured areas for student-athlete tutoring and group study spaces highlighted by technology driven furniture amenities.

Ng is a University of Houston alum. As an undergraduate in the late 1970s, he served as an Athletics tutor for the football team under legendary Head Coach Bill Yeoman.

“I didn’t know a lot about American football, but that was one of the highlights of my personal experience at the University of Houston,” Ng told a group of student-athletes and Athletics staff members. “After your playing careers, when you choose another career, you want to make sure you have a strong foundation. If we can make this place look better, feel better, that you enjoy better, hopefully each and every one of you will achieve more academically. I hope Ellen and my contribution will help you achieve your goals in the athletic field and also academically. We are thankful we have the opportunity to give back.”

1 Like

Thanks to all for their generosity and support of the University of Houston.

4 Likes

Inspiring donation that I am sure will be much appreciated by Coog athletics and all of Coog Nation for years to come.

Ng is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of East West Bank. Very nice. Thanks for their generosity.

4 Likes

Thank you Mr Ng ! We long time Alumni love super Coogs like you when you do magnificent thing like this ! This too is a game changer in recruiting too ! Go Coogs beat tt !

2 Likes
1 Like

Great stuff & great for recruiting. Thank you for posting.