Next season

I can’t agree more w the 2nd paragraph. I’ve been saying how CDH talks down to the media all the time. He’s not doing anything to put butts in the seats. I’m 50/50 at the moment on Football seasn tiks, sure many others are like me. Coach should be begging for Students, Alums, Houstonians etc. to come support UHCoogs FB.
CKS would walk all over campus his first 2 yrs yelling through a megaphone asking students to come to almost 50 yr old arena, not easy. Not saying CDH should do that but do something to give his program some att. So far none of that has happened imo. #GoCoogs

Edit: I know for sure for me the tables have turned on season tiks when it comes to Basketball or Football if you were to do just one or could only budget only one. How can you not want to support Coach Sampson, he does lot of radio shows etc to try n support his program n Coogs Basketball!

3 Likes

Let CDH focus on winning games. Marketing and pep rallies bring in a few extra supporters but at the end of the day, the majority of our fan base only supports teams that are winning constantly. Take for instance the basketball team… they got off to a slow start this year and instantly, half of the crowd stopped showing up for games. Now that we are rolling and just beat Wichita State, tickets are going fast. Even after we beat Oklahoma at NRG to start the year, and all of Tom Herman’s kisses and hype videos, we didn’t draw 40K.

4 Likes

Any student that only shows up to the game after the coach walks through campus yelling through a microphone is the same student that will leave at halftime.

6 Likes

I respect your opinion but will say again he is a representative of UHFootball and I dont like how he handles himself at press Confs. It’s not just one incident, he’s consistent. Walking billboard and it’s not pretty to look at imo. #GoCoogs

4 Likes

Ok thanks Matt. :roll_eyes:

His focus was little off last year.

1 Like

CDH is “real”. I like that. What you see is what you get. He took over what has turned out to be a dumpster fire and put processes in place to turn this thing around. He is not going anywhere and is here for the long haul. I don’t care how he says things or what he says, PR guy went to Austin and is probably hating life except for Fridays.
I want someone that does not take any bull, doesn’t pamper or have favorites. I think we win a lot more next year which will set the expectations for better recruiting classes, probably beginning the year AFTER next.
We have 36 Red Shirts, a bunch of quality transfers, a lot of returning injured and they will be ready.
It bothers me to hear folks downtalking Tune. No Oline, a pulled hammy, etc.
I am amped for Rice.

5 Likes

Is it a bad time to bring up the Polly Train?

2 Likes

If by the “media” you mean the longhorn and aggie ass kissing media in the Houston area, then I am with CDH !!

I could give a damn about them. They have not supported UH for many years and usually just have stories if there is “controversy”.

5 Likes

In a couple of hours, I’ll be 69 years old and I can’t wait to celebrate with a nice dinner tomorrow evening at Eric’s Restaurant at the Hilton as well as attending the BB game at the Fertitta Center.

And I will work very hard to renew all 8 of our group’s FB and BB tickets next season.

Eat 'em up Coogs!

11 Likes

Happy Birthday and Go Coogs !!!

1 Like

Happy B-Day!

1 Like

No I don’t mean any of the whatever people you said. I’m talking about people who cover the Coogs on a daily basis. But somehow it’s always Aggs this Horns that. The members here who pay attn to what I mentioned know what I’m talking about. Everyone is different n are bothered by different things in life. I could go on but I digress.

The game against Wazzou will be pivotal. We win that, and we’re 3-1 or 4-0 in non conference. A loss against WSU and the fans will start to check out.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

There will be plenty of talent on hand next season.

Here is the updated roster.
Look at the potential depth on defense.

Seems to be 22 Seniors on the roster. A more mature team for 2020?

Yes many players returning plus a host of transfers and RS players sitting last season. Add some more JC additions and most of our 2020 class is already on campus. This is as complete a roster as I have seen for spring football.

1 Like

You said ut perfectly, you’re not a big Holgy fan and so I’m i. I told everyone he had came to UH to cash out last year.

Like Tune he was thrust into action but let’s not kid ourselves, he was no more lost than guys like Stuard. He’ll learn. They all will.

1 Like