Next year

We’ll definitely take a step back next year as is. Zero percent chance we go into next season as is.

1 Like

Lol. What? Are you serious?

I don’t even think that is close to being accurate. Sasser is head and shoulders above anyone on this team at creating shots off the dribble. And making really, really tough shots.

There’s a reason guys give it to Marcus at desperation time in the shot clock.

One of the things I’ve noticed about Mark recently is that his defensive intensity has improved throughout the season. He can become a great defensive player for us.

3 Likes

I guess I have to remind guys what Sasser did to Saunders and Williams in the Cincy game.

I think we remember Galen and Cory as seniors and not how they got there. Imagine comparing the Grimes yesterday to the Grimes last year. We will not have a bunch of 6-5” guards, but we will still have a really good defense. We will still have outstanding rebounders. Even Jarreau’s game has improved this year throughout the season. I believe we will start to see more offense out of the 4-5 position next year. I am with others and saying to wait to see how things progress. It may take until February of next year for it to come together.

On player development, think about how Mills left as the preseason player of the year and Grimes won co-player of the year. While Grimes has talent, his game has improved through coaching. I also think the program has created a culture to excel and has high standards. I don’t think Fabian is going to let that slip on his watch next year.

1 Like

Last offseason we were looking at replacing our three leading rebounders. I think most of us, if not all of us reasonably assumed we would regress in that department this year… didn’t happen. We got even better! Have faith people.

4 Likes

I think Shead is going to surprise everyone. I think he is really good.

2 Likes

Losing Hinton and Mills creates 2 recruiting/transfer slots.

Tyson will provide limited minutes.

Any prayer of Elvin becoming a good backup?

I like Shead a lot but doesn’t mean I want him forced into a starting role.

Unless we circle back 53 yrs and are playing the Elvin from 1968.

3 Likes

lol

1 Like

I really hope you can redeem yourself with another take. Because this is a really, really bad one.

2 Likes

Not his first

This didn’t age well.

Lol, seven hours later Sasser makes that post look stupid

2 Likes

Only time will tell if we really do take a step back as is. Lot depends on how Chaney, Fabian, Shead, Tramon and Tyson evolves. If Tyson is closer to where Armoni was and Fabian evolves to a first round draft pick along with Tramon. Good things will happen redux. Having said that we will be going for a 1year PG and a wing forward from the transfer portal.

Agree. No doubt. I would just feel a lot more comfortable bringing in a dynamic guard from the portal. I can go either way on a big.

1 Like

I stand by my post although Sasser did step up big today. The issues are when he has a guy either bigger or quicker defending him, which happens a good amount of time.

If he can tighten his handle and learn to create for others off the dribble I think it will open up for him.

Come again?