Next year

I said it wasn’t the first time you’d given a bad take on this board. And given how you just doubled down on the one you made earlier, I’m certain it wont be your last.

Okay internet tough guy

Can’t just agree to disagree I take it?

Again. Just a really bad take. Keith Williams is one of the elite defenders in the AAC. Go ahead and go back and see what Sasser did to him 1 on 1 the first time they played.

Joprior the Prophet

How we fare next year will not depend on Tyson. If it does, we are in deep do do.

4 Likes

Williams was mainly matched up on Grimes today

Assuming Tyson is on the team next year

1 Like

THE FIRST TIME THEY PLAYED. I think you missed that part.

1 Like

Sasser had 10pts in the first matchup, that what you’re talking about?

Alright. I’m out. This is pointless.

Geico National (the high school tournament to decide the national championship) just released its bracket… its an open invitation to the 10 highest ranked teams in the nation

Robbie’s team Wasatch made it as the 5seed…

Ja’vier team also made it, Montverde, but he doesnt get much PT, Monte Verde #1 seed

4day tourney from march 31st to April 3rd (some basketball after the ncaas)… it is normally televised

3 Likes

We have to wait and see what 2 transfers we get. This portal is so stacked. Unfortunately we are one of the very few teams that don’t really benefit from the extra year lol. But every year we lose our best player or multiple best player And Sampson always pulls through. I think it comes down to can Mark take over with Sasser. And can Shead take over as a starter. Because even if we get a transfer starter if Shead is a starter caliber player that would be huge off bench. I think our front court next year will be the best Sampson has had since he got here(I’m super high on Powell). At the end of the day I t’s going to come down to how the guards develop and what 2 transfers we get.

Sasser and Shead are both elite defenders. You can’t watch UH basketball and think otherwise. Go watch that Tech game and watch Sasser guard Mac Mclung and tell me he ain’t elite defensively. Sampson said Shead is one of the best freshman defenders he has had

1 Like

This is a common misconception. Sasser problem is he gets too caught up in shooting 3s. Sasser has the best handles on the team and he is so smooth. He can hit the midrange and his floater is automatic. Watch the cincy game and how aggressive he was going down hill. When he goes north and south he is a different animal. He just gets caught up sometimes in just shooting 3s, and don’t get me wrong if you are open let it go. But Sasser tends to get a little 1 dimensional too much and I’m like man you can beat all these guys off the dribble nobody can stay In front of you. With his handles footwork and floater, he just need to attack more and be more aggressive. Which is a big real why his % is so down this year because he settles too much for long 3s(oftentimes at the end of the shot clock).

6 Likes

Elite gets thrown around to easily. Deeky is an elite defender. Sasser is a good defender right now and Shead hasn’t played enough to call him elite. I do think he will be an elite on ball defender in the next couple years.

4 Likes

Elite defenders are guys who can usually take guys out of the offense. The way I see it

Sasser is a really good defender,
Corey Davis was a very good defender
Grimes is a good defender.
Hinton was a really good defender
Jarreau is an elite defender
Galen Robinson was an elite ball stopper

Taking it back further
Oliver Lafayette was a good defender
Brian Latham was an elite defender
Bo Outlaw was an elite defender

1 Like

https://instagram.com/stories/robbie.armbrester/2531380095287575536?igshid=1ddi607r7txh3

This is going to be fun!

im about to do a hot take, that might get some folks here disapproval… i never thought hinton was that great of a defender…
he had great size and endless motor which made up for a lot it, but on a technical level and his feet, it was never that good to me…if you put someone really shifty or fast in front of nate im not sure nate can stay in front of him… we never had hinton defend quick shifty players here more cumberland types where being big, aggressive and putting in the extra effort was enough…
this is even more evident to me in the gleague games,

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1372205223532503043?s=21

This is why I’m not worried at all about our bigs. Chaney Fabian Roberts Powell are going to be beast inside.

1 Like

I agree. Focusing on Roberts and Powell alone.

Gorham’s junior year was not spectacular. Transfer from Towson, he averaged…
3 points/game
2.5 rebounds/game
391 minutes.

Senior season…
8.6 points/game
9.0 rebounds/game
729 minutes.

Between Gorham’s Junior and Senior year, he nearly doubled his minutes and tripled his performance.

Roberts RS freshman year.is better than Gorham’s junior season…
2.1 points/gm
4.1 rbs/g,
263 minutes.

Roberts also had 14 blocks, 10 steals. Greater than Gorham’s junior production. If we were to project Roberts 2nd season performance using Gorham’s minutes, I would estimate he would match or exceed Gorham’s performance.

Powell as a Freshman matches Gorham’s junior season in all categories, except assists, in only 77 minutes, In one-fifth of Gorham’s junior year, Powell matches Gorham’s junior season.

The reason I make these comparisons is to emphasize that we are in GREAT shape next year at the F and C position. If Roberts and Powell have the same degree of improvement as Gorham did between his J and S season, UH will be a SOLID in the front court for the next two years, minimum.

Under Sampson’s coaching, I can only imagine how good Roberts and Powell will be NEXT YEAR, and beyond. .

Front court SOLID.

5 Likes