Next year

Who?

Teddy Allen?

Yes

you are selling robbie sooo short… he isnt roberts or alley…they werent touted for putting up big numbers but that their teams were undefeated…

robbie is known for being relelntles on offense and defense, he is only doing like 10 a game but he is playing with multiple other 5stars …i was looking for this article that kellen posted a while back, but cant find it where wasatch coach says teams are afraid of robbie and dont try to be chippy with when he is on the floor…

here are other article i found thou

Robbie Armbrester who is headed to Houston next fall is also a player to watch for Wasatch. Skilled small forward who is a problem on both ends. Can score on multiple levels and will give you elite toughness every time he steps on the floor.

and this one after they upset #5 oak hill

“Robbie is back,” Peterson exclaimed of the 6-foot-6 Houston signee. "Anybody that was the game could feel his energy., his energy was crazy.

“He laid the foundation and toughness, from the jump ball. A lot of stuff he does doesn’t show up in the stat sheet, but he was the biggest difference in the game.”

1 Like

Yeah Allen is a nice scorer but a head case

1 Like

I love when our guys are going to be a problem for other programs.

1 Like

Yep. I think there was a video a few weeks ago where CKS was projecting Shead as the starting PG next year. I think the freshman year is a wake up call for most kids. The college game is just so different from high school. I fully expect Shead to make the leap next year. He has already shown flashes.

3 Likes

A wing/guard transfer that can score imo is the biggest need. Doesn’t have to be a superstar like Caleb Mills, just someone that can create his own shot and score at a consistent rate.

I think Shead was the one of the driving factors for Mills transferring… He probably knew he may not start over Shead/Mark next year.

2 Likes

Shead was THE GUY at a smaller HS (Manor), not a dedicated PG. he has been learning the position while learning to play at a very high D1 level. He’s far from polished, but has grown enormously over the past 4 months. LOVE his in your grill on ball D and toughness. Ball distribution and game management improves every week. Reminds me of a young Kyle Lowry - I’ll take that any day and twice on Sunday.

Kid is going to be a stud in this system. Book it.

4 Likes

Any info about who “Samps” is targeting for an April signing?

I like how Shead can finish going to the basket. He can score as well as distribute. If Shead is running the point next season and Sasser is shooting guard, that’s not much height in the backcourt. But a small backcourt with Corey Davis and Galen Robinson was fruitful.

3 Likes

we are done with high school recruits, so the april signing period meaningless… jai smith possibly reclassifying to 2021 (is a 2022 recruit) is the only high school target thats even a possibility

we have no info, and the 2-4 free ships we’ll have will be used on transfers …and most of the transfers arent in the portal yet to know who is available…samspon himself has noted a few players have sent feelers our way, so im sure our staff has an idea of who they’ll be

4 Likes

I agree. Does anyone think Galen as a a freshman would have gotten more time on this team than Jamal has?

I recall a Juco guard having the hots for UH. Was a good scorer.

Is he a viable prospect?

Are you thinking of Michael Thomas?

Michael Thomas

https://247sports.com/player/michael-thomas-46102103/

he still seems interested in us, it doesn’t look like we seem that interested in him anymore

Something had to happen behind the scenes because all of the schools recruiting him has stopped as well.

Mills…superstar ?

1 Like