No attendance thread? There is no buzz for this game

Just shut the program down then, the city of Houston would care less, only about 30,000 of us hard core fans would be upset. It’s obvious with a city of 6 million people in the area, no one comes no one cares about Houston’s university what a damn shame

2 Likes

They suddenly care when we start winning… it’s the same for the Rockets, Astros, etc.

2 Likes

Al:

You haven’t heard anything yet. Wait ‘til Saturday morning. It will be a true piss and moan contest.

3 Likes

A few months ago I posted re this topic and the concerted effort that UH Athletics needed to undertake in order to insure a good crowd size for this game, and how through the appearance of a good crowd or not how it contributes to the mainstream perception about our aspirations for P5 affiliation. No one cared at all save the one poster who commented that crowd size was less important than TV ratings. Perception is reality.

Hey that sounds like me. Yay I was referenced!

Just guessing here but of the 6 million most are gaggies or whorns, then comes LSU, throw in the Sooners, subtract out the million or so who don’t care about sports, and we are a rounding error unless there is mega-hype around the program. CDH isn’t a hype-ster. But our marketing people are supposed to be experts at it. Time for little heart to to with the AD, maybe.

What the heck kinda thread is this?

4 Likes

Stream of consciousness, man. Just go with it.

5 Likes

I saw and heard plenty of ads for the Advocare game tomorrow night [Texans game, sports talk radio]. There were no lasers involved or anything. It would help if it were truly a kickoff game and both were 0-0.

1 Like

It would help if there was Lasers! “lasers”

2 Likes

DH was on at least 4 radio stations talking about the game and the program this week I don’t know what else he can do at some point our fans need to get off their ass and come to the games.

6 Likes

Those ads do nothing.

Decafe brothers…UH has changed drastically in the last few years. The Bonghorns and Gaggies love to call it a commuter school buts its no longer in that realm…iirc read that UH has 2nd largest on campus student population in Texas ? Any who, it’s changing but it is going to take years before the young Coogs take the mantle and run with it. I’ll get flamed but, getting out of the AAC/CUSA mold and into a P5 is only way to take it to the next level. Houston is a pro town, always has been and always will be. Like it or not G5 is viewed as Minor Leagues by most and they’ve never done well here and frankly, never will…got to get into P5 to bring in the casual fans. The core will grow into that 35K+ range in near future if could bring in 10-15k casuals with P5 schedule…boom …we’re at 50k+ easily

1 Like

maybe half our season ticket holders are still wondering how to get in with just parking passes

2 Likes

MrJoshua, The UH will call window is opened at 6:15 outside the Amegy gate in SE corner.

We just have a lot of fair weather fans. If we had beaten Oklahoma, there would probably be 10,000 more fans at tonight’s game. Remember how well we traveled to the Peach Bowl?

3 Likes

NRG is price gouging the parking! $30 for cash parking tonight! That costs more than the ticket to the game!

1 Like

What a effin rip off!

There is a Metro parking lot just south of IH-610. Park there and take the train over to NRG.

1 Like

And free rail ride with ticket.

1 Like