No attendance thread? There is no buzz for this game

NRG should be ashamed of themselves. How can anyone afford to go to Texans games reguraly? The prices of tickets, parking and Aramarks overpriced food. It might be better to park and take the light rail to NRG.

Yeah, the whole affair seems to have been an after-thought.

I think you guys are over reacting, based on the ticket prices in stub hub, which have gone up a bit, I think it should be a good crowd.

I will guess 49,999

I am bringing 3 non coog friends.

1 Like

There are nearby alternate parking areas charging less money. I spent $20 to park for the Rolling Stones concert. It’s a little concerning to read UH grads and/or fans complaining about the cost to attend a game. It’s one game. Man up and pay the price.

3 Likes

During the old days with The Rob, I recall having a parking pass next to the stadium that was also available for $20 on game day. Parking at college and pro games as well as concerts has been overpriced for a long time and everyone does it. At least with nrg and TDECU, you have the choice of riding the rail and not paying anything. And the walk to the respective stadiums is not much different than paying to park. I parked for free at OU but had to walk a mile – I was fine with trading the $ for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Could be worse. I spent $65 or $75 at Dodger Stadium during the '17 World Series.

2 Likes

I had no problem giving away an extra 12 tickets!!!

2 Likes

blaming marketing is dumb. There was a ton of advertising throughout social media.

The problem is Friday night… lots of high school teams playing. People have kids on the team, in the band, drill team, etc, etc.

I also personally don’t like the 8:15 kickoff time (late in my opinion) but that’s what you get for playing a West Coast team.

Play a P5 opponent in the central time zone, on a Saturday and it’s close to a sellout. Just like Houston vs OU in 2016

1 Like

We’ve got 8 coming tonight!

Will be a part of a group of five. Have one ticket available and hope a Cougar of the Houston variety fills it.

1 Like

What if you bought your tickets thru a secondary site? Can you still ride for free or does it have to be thru UH?

1 Like

Kids soccer game at 6:45. Couldn’t get to stadium before 9. I’ll watch on the tele

4 with parking

1 Like

Just need a ticket to the game and you ride free. Does not matter where you purchased.

I’ll be surprised if we get more than 30,000. No buzz and we have a long way to go to regain our sex appeal. :sob::expressionless:

1 Like

As long as you have a ticket, it is free regardless of where you got the ticket. Having said that, I have never been asked to show my ticket on game day rail trips.

1 Like

UH is a big school with plenty of alums in Houston, they just don’t attend football games.

As does the only presidential candidate with a degree from UH.

1 Like

Boy, are you gonna be disappointed.

2 Likes

Parking at Century Link Field in Seattle for a Seahawks game…$125.00
Surrounding lots… $50 and up