Non Coog news. Todd Orlando moving again!

Per YahooSports Todd Orlando has accepted the DC position at USC Trojans. Didn’t last but couple weeks in Lubbock. Prob never made it there. Let’s see SoCal or Lubbock bright lights…hmmm.

9 Likes

Here’s hoping his defense does really well at USC and helps UH alumnus Helton keep his job.

21 Likes

Wow, coaching carousel is getting kinda ridiculous.

3 Likes

I like Orlando. I can pull for him now that he isn’t at TT.

13 Likes

I can’t believe he didn’t fall in love with Lubbock

25 Likes

I know he inherited a lot of talent here, but Todd Orlando can flat out coach. He was in a high pressure situation at Texas and turned out to be Herman’s sacrificial lamb.
He will have a lot of talent to work with at USC, but he may have put himself in another situation where the PSI is running high with a coach on his last inch of rope…

9 Likes

How long does Helton have left on contract. I know they re-up him recently. Cant imagine Orlando got more than 2 yrs.

2 Likes

… and twice the pay.

2 Likes

I hope Gibbs gets another shot soon. I liked him too.

5 Likes

I can’t believe people actually do fall in love with that city? There is actually a city worse than Waco. Lubbock = Snowy road crashes and Tumble Weed. I been there once for a detour to New Mexico and I plan never to go through or visit that town again!

4 Likes

Plus horrible water and a lot of ignorant people.

2 Likes

My first trip to Lubbock I was 20 years old - I ended up at a party with people I didn’t know, and I fell in love with a pretty cool girl from Dallas. I didn’t make it back to my hotel room until 8am.
It was quite a night. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I moved to Houston from Austin and I thought Houston was flat, then I visited Lubbock. Lubbock has only one redeeming feature and that is … um …it’s … well … never mind.

3 Likes

Birthplace of Kenneth Copeland

2 Likes

Lubbock looks great in my rear view mirror heading southwest at 85mph…

5 Likes

Since I started the thread I ask Mods to close thread since discussion was on Coach Orlando. I don’t need to hear over, over, over about how someone hates Lubbock, Waco, Austin it gets old. The hate never stops.

2 Likes

Jess, once a thread is opened, most of the time it ends up running down several different rabbit trails and no, you don’t get to police it or demand it closed because you don’t like the paths it takes.

Jack, heading southwest from lubbock quickly gets you into New Mexico. You may want to go to NM, but I prefer heading back to Houston.

7 Likes

His fault for being named after a city

3 Likes

hehe. Thanks Mike for that. I can still ask and have seen threads shut down many many times when it goes into name calling whether it be towards individual, org, city, you name it. I think I’ll just disregard my own thread !! :grimacing: :roll_eyes:

Was her name Alice?

1 Like