Non Coog news. Todd Orlando moving again!

It was not.

1 Like

Last time I was in Lubbock the bright lights were turned off about 9:30 pm.

2 Likes

Not only is Orlando’s hair style flat but so is the city of Orlando

You can say what you will about Lubbock vs LA, but at least Lubbock is in Texas whereas LA isn’t. I have been to LA many times and you can have it. LA may be a fun place to visit once or twice; but I would rather live in Lubbock if those two were my only choices.

7 Likes

Agree, conversations naturally make their way to different topics.

It’s kind of like having a conversation at a water cooler. You may have started a conversation in one direction and it ended up going in another direction. You can certainly check out whenever you want but it wouldn’t very nice to ask them to shut down the conversation and go somewhere else.

That nice beautiful ocean breeze in LA feel beautiful. Only been to LA once, but the little time I was there, it was nice. Stopped in LA before boarding a flight to Honolulu, Hawaii. Detoured to Lubbock trying to get to Ruidoso, NM. I think it is all personal preference.

Me too. He pulled the team together to beat Pitt in the bowl game. Watched the post bowl presser, class guy!

2 Likes

People in Lubbock are down to earth, LA not so much.

1 Like

A house you would get for $250K in Lubbock would cost $2million in LA. The taxes in Cal are horrendous, as is the cost of living, earth quakes, wildfires, hordes of homeless, etc.

3 Likes

Well, you have me there…you win!

We, my wife, brother and his wife, spent a week in Lubbock one night . . . . .

4 Likes

I don’t know how California state income tax works, but if it were me, I would look in to the possibility of maintaining my permanent residence in Texas while working in Ca. That doesn’t work in NJ and NY but it does in most other states.

1 Like

I think Todd Orlando will use 3/4 defense and put 11 student/athletes on the defensive side of field and then …… :wink:

That won’t work in CA either.

That’s what I figured.

you know Alice too?

Cali maintains a tax office in Houston and taxes Texas residents based on how many days they spend in Cali on work. Example: you work for a cali company and attend week long meetings at the home office 4 times a year, Cali will collect income tax for those 4 weeks.

I moved to CA in 4Q2017. I still had a house in TX and my family remained there until the new year. I stayed in a hotel in CA for those 3 months and even spent a fair amount of time in TX during the transition. I was still required to pay CA state taxes while I was working in CA.

I might add that it is a Very large tax office here…
And I personally think they will start going after CA timeshares pretty soon. They are just broke and out of ideas for new revenue sources.
Tough on the middle class, once you pass $50K, the State income tax chimes in at 9.5%, and escalates to almost 17% at the high end. And SALT deduction is capped at $10K, I think…
So I hope Toddy gets a huge paycheck. I personally really liked the guy, and like said above, now that he is not at TT, I can root for him.

1 Like

Well I can put it’s now official that CTO is new DC at USC . Put an end to thread. Hope he does well.

1 Like