Non Houston Basketball Games - Week of Jan 13th

Besides the dozen other examples this season#8 MichState just went to 9-7 Purdue and lost 71-42.

1 Like

jesus double OT

That canā€™t be right. I was told good teams win games like those. Michigan State must not be a good team. According to Coogfans.

4 Likes

South Florida beating Memphis at halftime 37-29

Itā€™s just not Coogfsns the site but our fans in general.

Weā€™re a good team. We arenā€™t a great team.

1 Like

Fair assessment. There are no great teams this season, and the really good one are few and far between.For those who say we arenā€™t a tournament team, I would like to see their list of the 40 teams that are definitely more worthy

1 Like

Weā€™re probably in the tourney right now but probably not by that much. Our big win was Washington and they are now 1-3 to start Pac-12 play.

Itā€™s going to be pretty critical to beat Memphis or Wichita State.

2 Likes

Need to beat them both. Have h/a gms w both teams. Need to min win the 2 home gms against them.

1 Like

That would be ideal. Iā€™m guessing if we win most of the rest of our conference games and go 1-3 against those two, weā€™re probably in (especially if the win is on the road). And ideally we get a shot at one or both in the conference tourney. Two wins against those two (and they otherwise donā€™t fall apart) and we should almost for sure be good (assuming we donā€™t drop many other games like this one).

I think our ability to put together a resume to make the tourney is more precarious than some folks on here realize though. Or at least looks that way at the moment. If South Carolina and Washington go on a tear from here on out that would of course change things.

3 Likes

Good thing Coogs pulled out that Temple game or it would be very concerning. SMU, @ Wichita St and UConn are the next three. Sure would be nice to get at a minimum the two home games. Coogs have to protect the home floor even against the top teams (and I am not including those two in the ā€œtopā€).

3 Likes

Agree with TJ. I think we see the team more in terms of what it can be. The committee will see us on who we were. Right now Iā€™d project us an 11 or 12 seed, which could move 3-4 spots in either direction. If I were guessing, based on what Iā€™ve seen so far, Iā€™d guess weā€™d start the first round around 7-8. But Iā€™m a Kelvin late-season optimist. Iā€™ve seen nothing this year that makes us a top 5 tourney team. But Iā€™ve seen a lot that makes me think weā€™re a tourney team.

1 Like

Absolutely. Protect our homecourt

Before Saturday we were better on the road (neutral site included) than home. Those visitor side rims have been killing us.

It was the trampoline guy on opening night! He hung on the visitor tunnel rim and they have never been the same!!! (the stats from that night donā€™t support this theory but I like the folklore)

2 Likes

And I still donā€™t know why we didnā€™t just buy TSUā€™s rims weā€™ll be saying the same thing in ten years get off my lawn yell at the sky hopefully a Sampson will still be on the bench.

1 Like

with some more Final Four banners hanging from the ceiling!

2 Likes