Non UH Game Day thread! - 2020

You want to mess up an opponent this season…find a girl with covid and introduce her to your opponents team so they can hang out.

Contact tracing is enough to get your quarantined.

Tennessee had to cancel their scrimmage due to exposure I believe.

3 Likes

After watching a few games so far, Rice has really tooled us by canceling/postponing the opener with us. Memphis will be at a huge advantage having played a game. There has been so much disruption in training and practice schedules, it will be hard to shake off the rust. Gonna take a great effort by coaches and players. But, still think we pull it off.

3 Likes

I hope Memphis prepared for Arky State.
Arky leading 7-0.

1 Like

Think Memphis gets the win, but that first drives a pretty good example of the benefit of having played a game. So much more cohesion.

2 Likes

Do all players get an extra season or only if they do not play this season?

All players is my understanding.

1 Like

I think it covers all Fall sports.

Will roster limits be expanded or will it just be transfer portal chaos at the end of the season?

oof. Memphis looking a little rusty too.

1 Like

Sunbelt v AAC challenge Saturday.

2 Likes

Not sure if rust is the issue. Lack of continuity seems to be the trend today.

1 Like

“All fall sport student-athletes will receive both and additional year of eligibility and an additional year in which to complete it,” the NCAA said in a release. “Student-athletes who do not enroll full time during the 2020 fall term have flexibility in the progress-toward-degree requirements that must be met for eligibility in future terms.”

Granting an extra year of eligibility could bring plenty of complications for schools, however. The NCAA’s announcement said seniors student-athletes who take advantage of the additional year of eligibility will not count against team scholarship limits in 2021-22. But even with temporarily-expanded scholarship limits, athletic departments dealing with significant budget shortfalls may not be in position to spend more on athletic scholarships.

1 Like

memphis has three very costly penalties and a fumble to none for Ark St. Memphis needs to get their game legs, but they should win.

1 Like

HBU is hanging with UNT 23-10 at the half. HBU missed 2 field goals and got stuffed on 4th and goal at the 1. This game could EASILY be 23-23

1 Like

Next it will be the “Metroplex”…

Wonder if announcers on Memphis game will ever talk sports ? ? ? ? ? or will they just pontificate about politics ? ? ? ? ?

8 Likes

Imagine a world were two teams expected to finish in front of the Coogs ate struggling to put away sun belt teams.

1 Like

NTexas QB can throw the ball.

really hoping this is not a sign of things to come for college sports.

3 Likes

Memphis is pulling away, ugh not liking the fact that will be our first game. Dang it Rice!