Non UH News--- University UT President

She earned her doctorate at Purdue University and turned them down a few years ago. I am not surprised about all of the offers she receives.

1 Like

I think it’s 2040, at a minimum, before that happens.

Miss State women’s coach. If they’d hired the Ole Miss coach for $2 million, then have proved their stupidity. The AAC can’t afford to be too good in women’s sports.

That’s why I always say Houston must invest in other fields of employment! Try to lure the biotech, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, computer, renewable energy, and auto/heavy equipment industries to Houston.

The city did a fantastic job of making itself the medical center of the world! It can do the same in other industries! Start by stop giving all of the PUFF to UT and A&M! These two schools have done a tremendous job at killing innovations and new ideas for the state! More money to other state schools = more innovations and new ideas to find more opportunities for Texas workers!

3 Likes

Then why doesn’t ut just hire the Baylor women’s BB coach !

1 Like

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/University-of-Texas-president-Greg-Fenves-leaving-to-become-president-at-Emory-145797799/

“One source said Emory, a private research university in Atlanta, made a financial offer to Fenves he couldn’t refuse. Fenves’ annual salary at Texas is $945,000.”

Note that public universities in Texas are probably going to be tightening their belts over the next few years with the impending recession and oil bust. UT b-school dean is a leading candidate to be interim president. Well, if true, that can’t be great for the b-school. The provost recently left as well.

And be replaced by ???

5 to 10 years, you are joking right !

Maybe 50 to 100 years.

1 Like

Dr K is more important to UH than just football. I want to keep her until she retires in the way distant future.

5 Likes

Hard to project out 50 to 100 years. But pretty clear that oil is going to be the main driver of energy consumption through at least 2040, by a large amount.

2 Likes

Boone PIckens said that about wind turbine energy too. IMHO, the future is so uncertain is frightening, but Death, Taxes and Oil & Gas are sure things in my life time.

1 Like

The late T Boone lost a lot in the wind field. Not sure how much was subsidized by the previous administration, ie, government.

1 Like

This can’t be correct. Khator is the 5th highest paid public university president?

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/slideshows/10-public-universities-run-by-highest-paid-presidents?slide=13

1 Like

She won’t leave Baylor. UT did good getting Coach from MS ST as he’s one of top 5 Women’s basketball coaches for while now. They were top 10 program for last few yrs
with couple Final Fours . He–Schafer the Coach is actually A&M Alum and was asst there for many yrs before taking MS St job. A&M had him in line to succeed current Coach–Blair after he retired but retirement took too long I guess.

That’s what I thought – as I recall, she’s one of the top handful of salaries in the country because she’s got both the President and Chancellor jobs, and the salaries that come with that.

1 Like

UTA always hires coaches who have a resume suggesting they can do more with less, but when they step on the 40 acres UTA coach hires tend to do less with more.

3 Likes

Good research. If true, that’s awesome! Renu still deserves more money and a statue.

1 Like

Okay, this is another ranking which shows the school’s president and chancellor. Fenves was only UT’s president.
The ranking was updated through 2018.

I wouldn’t! If she were to become president of UT, no matter how much she may want to support UH, her first loyalty would be to UT, and she would only support UH to Big 12 if she and the UT board of regents are convinced that it’s in UT best interests. Plus she would have to convince the Big 12 media partners to bump the conference pay out sufficiently.

1 Like

So you are saying she cannot be bought. Then Baylor must have something on her !!

I’m going to steal a quote from someone famous at UH. “Why mess with happy?”

If you love what you’re doing where you are and being paid pretty good, why disrupt that. Not everyone seeks bigger bucks if they are comfortable where they are.