Non UH News--- University UT President

If I remember correctly, didn’t she turn down UT once before a little more than a 1/2 decade ago. I also believe she has made more money at UH than the same position at UT.

I can’t imagine at her age she would want to go up there in that political nightmare. The general who helped kill OBL couldn’t hack the politics at UT. Dr. Khator is far closer to a CKS than a Herman.

2 Likes

I’m saying she’s not young anymore and she has made Baylor a powerhouse- BlueBlood program. They are in convo every year for Natty. Dont think she takes a step down at this stage in her career. That’s where Baylor is in regards to Women’s Basketball for last 10+ yrs or so even before Britney Griner went there.

Fenves was a naugthy boy at UT.

1 Like

This is interesting his impact on UT.

I have no problem with the University President flying business class or even first class.

I don’t have a problem with business class travel or better for an Adjunct Instructor either.

Nobody should have to sit in steerage class.

It is disgusting back there.

You are traveling for work. You are away from home.
Bump it up.

2 Likes

But rules are rules and he broke them.

1 Like

smells like a scandal to me

1 Like

Not even

I just assumed that ut had their own fleet of gold covered 737’s !!

Doesn’t the Football team ?

1 Like

EE…I remember him going from $5B to a cool $3B on his wind energy fiasco (even with the government subsidy)…

2 Likes

Emory a step up in academic prestige… maybe not sports

2 Likes

But isn’t that the mascot for UT?

1 Like

I’m not sure it is. Both are AAU. Emory seems very well regarded with its medical and med. research facilities whereas Texas is just starting out with its med. school. But UT is pretty highly ranked in most disciplines.

I’d imagine running any major university has some of the same headaches.

But I’d imagine Texas has a few more than most: Lots of very monied (and maybe entitled) alumni, seems like the Legislature is often trying to tinker with things (whereas Emory is private), some other schools in the UT system demanding PUF money that the main campus wants, etc.

Maybe he’s a Braves fan?

2 Likes

There is one thing I haven’t heard discussed here is the relationship and opportunities between Houston and her homeland, India. India PM Modi visit her and Houston when he visited the US last year. I don’t think Austin has that kind of relationship yet. Besides, why would you leave a place where you are #1 for a place where you are one of many? JMHO.

2 Likes

Really though? I don’t see it.

1 Like

That last question is what we have asked of several UH coaches that were poached away.

She usually gets what she wants, no matter the obstacle.

1 Like

Not sure thats entirely true. But even if it is, will what she wants as Pres of UH be what she wants Pres of UT? Particularly if she is informed (not debating whether thats correct of incorrect view) that its not in UT best interests?

If she joins UT, her aims will change from doing whats best for UH to doing whats best for UT, and she’ll have to keep UT regents and alumni happy. She’ll only do something thats good for UH if that coincides with whats best for UT. I doubt she’ll do anything (no matter what it is), even if its neutral for UT. Thats not how UT operates, the only do something if they get some benefit out of it. Its embedded in UT culture.

1 Like

I could see renu renewing the UT vs UH football games.

Aside from that, I don’t know what else she could do.

It’s not like we started any research collaboration, or other advertised partnerships, with USF, and she had more time there than she has had at UH.

1 Like

Renu leaving for ut would be the most 2020 thing I could imagine.

7 Likes