NSD Thread Class of 2018

I think you want to recruit a QB every year, imo.

1 Like

A great haul for UH and time to use last spots on someone special.
Love this early signing period.

I went to Cuse undergrad (UH law), Amie has long, long wait ahead.

2018- starter a senior but Culpepper who got a few starts is a RS Soph and Tommy Devito ( elite 11 / 4 star from NJ) is a RS frosh.

This x 1000. I REALLY wish that once King took over for Postma, CMA would have moved Postma back to WR and let Kyle Allen be the back up QB. In fact, there was a game very late in the year when King lost his helmet and CMA put Allen in for the one play King had to sit out. We gave up a good WR with a ton of athleticism so he could stand on the sideline after he was demoted from starting QB. The kid is a senior who is almost certainly not going to make it at the next level. He should have been on the field and I have no idea why he wasn’t.

I liked Postma at WR but if he doesn’t move to backup QB who knows if we beat Memphis in 2015 or FSU in the bowl game.

Just to be clear, I was only talking about this year. It was absolutely the right move to move him to QB in 2015. But this year, after he was replaced by King as the starter, he should have moved back to WR.

They are “low” 3 stars. Per 247 Sports average rating of the 19 is .8062. I think you have to rate .8000 or really close to it to get 3 stars. I don’t put that much stock in the ratings.

Also, FAU has only 6 verbals 3 of which are JUCOs and no one has signed today. They all committed this month. FIU has 18 commits, only two have signed so far today.

Ditto. The early NSD is a major positive for non-blue bloods. Love watching Saban get pissy about it,

3 Likes

Thanks for all the updates Gents. On the flipping I know what the kids see on potential playing time is a huge factor

Hey hope you don’t mind any of our ribbing of SU on this thread. Like I said earlier beating Clemson was a pretty huge deal even now. May be their one speck in what looks to be a B2B title run.

Incidentally after first being aware of UH football briefly in 1991, I didn’t hear about them until that 1996 Liberty Bowl vs McNabb/Harrison. IIRC that was UH’s ‘resurrection’ season from the probation era post Jenkins.

!) A lot of young people see New York as an attractive destination. My nephew goes to Columbia and loves the change of scenery compared to growing up in Houston.

1. All it takes is one good year for any P5 team to have a chance at a championship.

2. Even in a 4 win season, they average better attendance that the capacity of any G5 stadium.

I’m sure there are other reasons as well. It just doesn’t make sense on worrying about losing one recruit to a P5, when we have King and Bryson on our roster anyway. This class turned out much better than what it looked going into Summer. It might not have an Ed Oliver or Bryan Jones but it still will provide many starters and depth to go with the previous two years of recruits.

1 Like

I guess we won’t here from Ta’Zhawn Henry until February if he decides to commit.

I’m not worried about it. As a previous post mentioned, his passing was questionable. I think that Williams can step in place if need be like King did.

Overall I think the coaching staff did a great job and to lock everyone down early I think is good on so many levels. Also great job on the videos for all the new Coogs.

Now let’s focus on the bowl game and beat FSU. GO COOGS!!!

Of course not - this is a UH board and I dont take forum stuff personal. Thats not healthy.

I believe he had an injury that caused him to sit out. Heard his foot was in a boot after the USF game.

I heard the same but not from UH Athletics. Why is it so hard to get injury information?

1 Like

Seen on Rivals UH @ #51 and #3 in AAC, thats nice start

If that’s true, I take it all back
except that I would have liked to have seen King start the year with Allen as the backup. In that scenario, Postma should have been a WR unless/until someone got hurt. But I can’t say I was terribly disappointed to see Allen start the year given what we knew about him at the time. Especially since King was coming off a major knee injury.

Oh well. I wish Postma the very best of luck going forward in life.

1 Like

Wrong. The only averaged 33.9K this year which was up from the previous two(both 32k and change). UH beat them in attendance handily in 2015 and 2016.

They’d fit right into the AAC.

1 Like

I’d add that Syracuse isn’t quite like Columbia in NYC.

Syracuse is a fairly small town in the sticks. There’s nothing wrong with that. I like the sticks and my undergrad. was in the sticks. That region is really beautiful. Cornell’s nearby Syracuse–also very beautiful area.

But Syracuse is quite a bit different than NYC.

1 Like

No one’s really asking and UH Athletics doesn’t really say much unless a guy is out long term it seems.