Offensive philosophy

We’ve seen 3 games of mostly poor offensive play based on what we expected to see. King is best at hurry up by getting players out of position and tired and using his speed as an advantage. I also believe he is our best deep ball thrower since Kolb (my opinion).

There is no where near enough hurry up or deeper passes to make this offense prolific or consistent.

Holgerson must address this or we will struggle our way to 6 or 7 wins. If he makes changes I still see 8 to 9 as realistic.

3 Likes

UH won’t play another offense close to the explosiveness of OU and WSU for the rest of the season.

They were two critical TOs and one almost TO from winning this one.

Bring on Tulane.

6 Likes

Better than Keenum? Go to bed, you’re drunk.

12 Likes

I think UCF is as good if not better than WSU. We’ll find out in Orlando.

6 Likes

Good point. They are potent. No way I want hurry up and Briles 2.0 to put the defense back on the field. It’s not ready for that.

4 Likes

I’m not saying do it every series like Briles but maybe a couple times a game or during parts of drives to change it up and spark the offense.

2 Likes

Holgorsen Inherited one of the best offenses in the country. He has turned this fine piece of machinery into share parts found in a junkyard. Not sure how he’s going to fix this.

5 Likes

I have three letters for you…

UCF

And I raise you Memphis.

2 Likes

I actually loved the game plan tonight. We control the ball for a big part of this game. Going quick and possibly three and out just turns this into a shootout, which is not what you want to do against lesions offense. What do you want us to work the clock by running the ball and keeping their offense off the field.

6 Likes

We are building a program. Great seasons served to make coaches rich on their way to the p5 in the past.

Don’t like losing and I think we are going to have a good season still. The air raid takes a few games to get down in the first season. Just ask Keenum when he went 1-3 in his first year of the air raid, then it started clicking.

7 Likes

I get that we are building a program however we have a very talented QB that helmed a prolific offense to a 7-1 start for a coach who ended up getting fired. We are not nor should we act like we are in full rebuild mode.

2 Likes

And then wheels fell off.

Well, I dont have all the facts, I doubt the coaches are playing Foosball.

I’m of the opinion that the last regime did more damage then most of us realize.

Hope rest of weekend is good for you man. <-- sincere.

3 Likes

Am I the only one that saw last years UH offense play so pathetic against SMU in Dallas long before our defense was decimated by injuries?

6 Likes

I still don’t know what the hell Kendal was thinking in that SMU game.

1 Like

I have another three letters.

SMU.

Truth is, except for UCONN, we can win or lose any of the rest of our games.

Edit: I just went John Madden in that comment.

Where’s our tempo? We get a first down and it takes 25 seconds to snap the ball. There’s no tempo on offense. Discouraging and sad

We are struggling to move the ball and going fast won’t do anything but wear the defense out faster. King isn’t the right qb for the air raid but DH has to make do with what he does well this year. I thought the defense played better than I expected and we ran the ball good enough to give ourselves a chance but we shot ourselves in the foot too much to actually win the game.

3 Likes

I was enjoying the Air Run scheme. Great coaching against a high-powered passing attack. And it kept the game within reach all night.

King needs to hit his receivers. Don’t blame Holgorsen for balls thrown at the skylights.

8 Likes

There were several drops and untimely holding calls too. King still doesn’t look like his old self yet but had some nice throws as well as missing a few.

2 Likes