Official: Dejon Returning

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1280242554894770176

3 Likes

Great news! I couldn’t take both he and Nate leaving early.

4 Likes

I don’t agree with that
 It clear by that @Cincy game (hardest conference game)
 we were comfortable beating Cincy at Cincy with him in the game (up 10)
he goes to the bench lead dwindles to 4 quickly, Sampson rushes to put dejon back in, dejon gets ejected almost immediately after being put back in
we collapsed after he is ejected

he was an asset last season, some only value scoring stats but dejon was a big piece outside of scoring
his best stat is assists, but the true value in dejon is not a recorded stat, its his ability to beat an initial defender,this causes switches/ or help D that creates easier shots for others

3 Likes

No doubt he should be one of our key players
I think he comes back from a down year, doesn’t bite anyone and doesn’t get baited into any more silly techs
and has a great year.
His leadership and confidence down the stretch in tough games make him a team MVP candidate in my opinion

4 Likes

Deeky’s first step quickness & acceleration is truly exceptional, and it kind of reminds me of a couple of guys named Benny Anders and Clyde Drexler on our memorable PSJ teams.

1 Like

His defense is overlooked and undervalued by some of our fans

12 Likes

There is a moment in every game where CKS is giving Deeky the business and Deeky responds by making believe he can’t hear anything. It’s always a highlight for me. I’m glad to be getting another year of it!

5 Likes

Welcome back Deeky.

1 Like

Huh ! :grin:

Maybe DeJon will Tweet that JD isn’t returning. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Some much needed good news.

DAMN I wish Fabian hadn’t got hurt

2 Likes

Not a huge fan of his but he helps. Way out of control, street ball play usually doesn’t get it done.

1 Like

It got it done last year when we had outside Shooters and he would drive

I agree. That’s why I’m hoping the kid from Idaho is as good as we hope he is. Or maybe one of the new kids steps up.

But Deeky is at his best when defenses have to respect our outside shot.

Relatedly, I hope Deeky worked on his outside shot. To me, that is his glaring weakness.

2 Likes

I see no street ball in Deeky game. Maybe you can describe what you call street ball. I’m sure he had to hoop in the street some growing up but now he pretty much plays on the kind of courts you never came close to playing on. Love his game. Yes he will have t.o. with his driving to basket and quick passing but if one person on team can have a 3D it will be him. Great to have him back!!

3 Likes

I agree.

“Street ball” ? Really?

The kid is like a 90 percent free throw shooter.

There are no free throws in “street ball”. But, you need them to win key games in clutch time.

This kid is a freak!

3 Likes

He needs to make better decisions more consistently. That is not the same as “street ball” which usually refers to an player doing undisciplined things or being out of control.

1 Like

Edit: I originally posted he had led the team with 82.6% at the FT line, but I realized that was only through 17 games – used wrong sheet. Actually, Fabian led the team with 79.7% for the season followed by DeJon with 79.5%. DeJon did lead the team with 81.1% in conference only play.

Jarreau needs to keep his act under control. Too often he goes to the rim out of control, he also needs to control his mouth – no talking to other coaches or refs and no biting.

But when he is on his game, he is a whole lot of fun to watch.

2 Likes

So
 I was right
 Sweet!

You’ve been hating on Deeky for awhile now. Dude is a baller and a hell of a team player. When he “plays selfishly” it’s because Sampson has told him to take the ball to the rack.

1 Like