OOC schedule

6 Likes

the unknown acc game might not happen anymore…but if it is we can start crossing out teams

it wont be UNC, Duke, ND, Syracuse or Wake…theyve released their schedule

1 Like

People have been banking on it being Virginia.

Interesting…the final day of games is played on Christmas day:

Hmmm…

1. Diamond Head Classic (Honolulu, Hawaii), Dec. 22-23 and 25

Matchups

** QF1: Houston vs. Portland*
** QF2: Georgia Tech vs. Boise St*
** QF3: UTEP vs. Washington*
** QF4: Ball State vs. Hawaii*

What to know

Washington should be the class of this field, but by the time of this tournament, Houston will have figured out its rotation and will be a tough out and a threat to finish near the top of the AAC.

I don’t think it is a bad tournament. Washington is probably a top 25-35 team. Boise State, Georgia Tech, Ball St should all finish top 125 or so in the NET. It sucks that we have to start with Portland, though.

2 Likes

Opening vs Portland is OK, a scrimmage of sorts. We don’t put these tournaments together. Just have to show up and win it.

1 Like

Nope.

Disappointing.

1 Like

Louisville is the only big time program left.

Florida State would not be bad either.

2 Likes

Football teams are screaming from across the hall don’t do it! You don’t wanna play those guys!

4 Likes

I was leaning towards Louisville but would not be surprised if we aren’t on their schedule.

1 Like

if acc is still happening
it wont be UNC, Duke, ND, Syracuse, Wake , Virginia, Virginia tech, or Florida st … all released their schedules

miami, pitt, boston college, clemson, gtech havent released but their is nothing special about those schools that smapson would call them a “power team from the acc”

the only 2 options i see with that would fit the bill is nc state and Louisville…

• nc state makes logical sense as we recruit north carolina so much…also their non con schedule was really poor and in need of a major upgrade…my #1 option if its still happening

• we have history with Louisville

gut feeling is that it fell through…sampson said home and home in December, whispers would have started coming out if it had happened… he openly talks about our other opponents in recent interviews

1 Like

No biggie if it fell through…i think our nonconference schedule overall will be just as good if not better than this past year.

2 Likes

We may have history with the Ville; but we have major history with NC St. that only beating them will help assuage.

3 Likes

Nope, beating them once during the season won’t help. The wound is too deep and too raw to ever heal without a Natty.

5 Likes

That’s why I only said “help.” They will always be in my crosshairs.

3 Likes

Louisville has a mighty good team on paper this year, that would be good. NC State is okay along with Clemson. We know the better known OG ACC teams didn’t want to play us in a home and home series, they afraid of losing twice to us.

we play ok state, Dec. 14

they just released their schedule…looks like our schedule will be very similar to last year…

all the bad games in front, good games in the back

3 Likes

Was there a time for the game?