Opponent Watch 2018: Arizona

That would be a great idea…may be later in the year if we honor that team.

“I didn’t want to go about the situation and then just be, OK, he’s the new coach, I don’t care. Because I did care. We did care as a team,” Tate said. “I knew tweeting that would create a buzz and maybe not get (Niumatalolo) as our coach. I think Ken Niumatalolo is a great coach. It’s nothing against him. But I think it was important to say what I had to say and let everyone know that we’re not just going to be quiet and let things happen. We’re going to be heard.”

https://twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP/status/1022117648090443776

At least Arizona has an out if scumlin doesn’t work out. Blame tweeter and a qb for picking a head coach.

If they let one player dictate the hiring of their new coach, I question their leadership abilities.

2 Likes

Having a twenty year old who will be with the team for another one or two years pick the coach makes perfect sense.

1 Like

I believe they were using the Navy coach as leverage against Sumlin.

Arizona’s Sumlin discusses rebuilding strategies, program strengths

“I think it’s the same as we’ve done at the last two stops,” the former Texas A&M and Houston head coach said at Pac-12 Media Day Wednesday. “I think we’ve shown the ability to recruit and develop student-athletes athletically and academically. That doesn’t really change. We’ve played at different levels, even at the University of Houston, and playing

“even at the University of Houston” and that “other league.” THE MAN IS THE SOUTH END OF A NORTH BOUND HORSE. I hope we kill Arizona and he’s fired in two years, arrogant sob.

7 Likes

Has a Lamar Jackson vibe to me. His best performances came against some bad defenses. Can’t wait for him to come to Houston.

Tate’s play last season earned him a small slice of limelight. He burst onto the national scene, earning the unofficial “October Heisman” with massive performances in Wildcat wins over Colorado, UCLA, Cal and Washington State.

I cant wait for, “tits for Tate”. Big Ed’s 2 massive tits engulfing Tate’s head as Tate processes why he’s on his back AGAIN. :joy:

1 Like

He’s encouraged by what he’s seen from the team’s wide receivers and tight ends so far, praising senior wideouts Shun Brown and Shawn Poindexter in particular for the efforts in practice. Mazzone knows that both seniors will be crucial in Tate’s development as a passer, providing sure-handed targets downfield to open up running lanes for the junior.

It would behove the team to get an early/big lead to force Tate to pass if that is his weakness.

1 Like

Agree. And I have heard several times that his weaknesses is passing or accurate passing. So I ask the question, how can a QB that is a sub par or even average passer become the Heisman winner?

tim tebow

2 Likes

Tim Tebow could still throw but I see your point. He wasn’t elite but still better than Tate from what I have seen.

Tim Tebow’s jump throw worked for Florida…

Agree and their offense was more run based if I remember correctly.

Threads like this really really get me going for the season to start. And no this isn’t another blast on the off-season banter… more like i’m just ready for us to start punching people in the mouth! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1026958928763084801