Opponent Watch 2019: North Texas

1 Like

https://twitter.com/houstonalumni/status/1163557641630736384?s=20

3 Likes

That should be interesting!

Always some guy with a bottle a whiskey and a banjo at the back of the bus. Hope they got a toilet on there.

1 Like

I was just looking at some highlights of North Texas, and I think this is gonna be one hell of a tough game on the road. They manhandled Arkansas and had their way with SMU last year. In fact, they beat Arkansas much worse than most of their losses in the SEC. Fine is the real deal and they have lots of weapons on offense.

3 Likes

Reality: we have a tough schedule this year. Maybe 4 cupcakes? More tossups than I can recall. We should get a pretty good idea about our potential after Sunday.

No injuries. No TO’s. Solid gameday coaching.
Next game: Beat OU.

2 Likes

Honestly, if you are coming to Denton, you better get your tickets now because it’s well on the way to being a sellout. I have no idea if they’ll sell SRO tickets. Apogee seats 31,000 but if all pans out I only wish the Student Section planned expansion (at some point) were already a reality.
• There will be record press credential passes for this game because of each team’s QB & all the national publicity each has received. All this is what we college football fans live for, isn’t it❓
Nevertheless…It will be a fun game for all no matter who wins or loses.

:red_circle: NOW…GO ON & BEAT THOSE DAMN SOONERS, COOGS!

4 Likes

I just got 2 without any issues.

I remember hearing the same thing when we opened their stadium and was not close to a sellout.
I know their team is much better now so hopefully it can be a huge crowd.

1 Like

I just ordered 2 as well. On the home side out of the sun. Last time the sun was horrible.

Appreciate the good tidings. Really do. But i have to get something off my chest.

It’s a tough sell believing that colors have emotions. And as a university, do your professors have to teach that? Like, humans and colors evolved co-equally from monkeys and display a diversity of qualities, such as anger and contentment? Do different colors behave differently? Is there a spectrum, like humans have? Is green inherently mean, or is it just your green thats mean.
Honestly when i see green fields i don’t think, ‘oh shit my time has come’.
So what i’d really like to know is, i guess, what’s the back story to Your green. Why is it so angry? Rough childhood? Abuse? Just couldn’t beat the system?
And why haven’t you guys done something about it? There are top notch therapists around these days.
Looking forward to the day when we play UNT Stoic Green.

2 Likes

Mean Joe Green.

3 Likes

(In response to RWcoog)
Well, y’all just didn’t bring enough fans!
(you know I’m kiddin’):blush:…
but duly noted with what you’ve said.

Different AD—Different HFC than in 2011. 3 winning seasons in a row so it has made a difference in ticket sales present era.
• A 1976 NORTH TEXAS GRAD I AM:
Our football program had sucked for so long over a period of time it destroyed whatever fan base we had. We’re just now seeing some semblance of success. We haven’t had 4 “W” seasons in a row since the Hayden Fry era when I was a student.
Then we stayed in D1-AA too long & lost fans (much like SMU has post-SWC implosion).
After the SWC disbanded, UH rebounded admirably, but at the turnstiles none of us draw well against the UConn’s & FAU’s of our football world.

I was appalled that the Apogee Stadium debut game with UH didn’t sellout since the “former staff” had all Spring & Summer to sell it out. They are no longer around & it’s easy to know why.

Now if we are 1 fan shy of a sellout, RWcoog, you will cut me a little slack, right?:blush:

I’ll be counting!.:wink:

2 Likes

Here’s hoping UNT and UH are undefeated coming into this game.

Do they sell beer at Apogee?

2 Likes

Yes, I think we’ve been selling beer around 3 seasons.

Here’s the real deal::astonished:
Fletchers Corn Dogs of the State Fair of Texas Fame will have a kiosk setup at the concessions concourse. The Fletchers are from Denton; in fact (trumpet fanfare) they are made year round at Morrison Milling in Denton who are famous for their “corn kit” corn bread packets sold at your favorite HEB.
I use mustard on my Fletchers Corny dogs thank you very much. I’ll be watching for those who use ketchup then try to detect which part of the North their accent is from.:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Going to the game. Is orange lot tailgate friendly or is just the tailgate section in the land between parking lots? Also any other food worth trying?

1 Like

Speaking of trumpet fanfare, one of your professors was doing a residency up here in Putney, Vermont, this summer. He teaches trumpet at UNT. One of the nicest guys i’ve ever met and amazing musician. If he’s any indicator of your overall music school, i’m impressed. Thanks for letting us borrow him!

1 Like

(Your welcome, catamount997).

CMCoog, the below concessions link covers it all.

Tailgate Area?
Behind East (Student Section) Stadium (you can’t miss it).
•You can also tailgate across I35-E where former stadium used to be. That is where most visiting schools set up their big tents.

3 Likes

You’re from the north

2 Likes

Proud 6’th generation Texan!
Grew up in Danbury, Texas, In Brazoria County—Big Coog fan as a youth in the 1960’s.
:cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:
Outta’ here!
• Take care of business
In Norman! Eat em’up!

5 Likes