OT: Hopkins at AZ

Hopkins just made a great TD grab for the Cards against the Seahawks. If only the Texans had a great receiver like Hopkins. Sigh

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t matter with this offense but the crime in it is the lack of return. Even more painful to watch a below average RB who is 3rd string quality at best as his trade partner.

5 Likes

I hope the plan is not to tie up a bunch of money in Will Fuller going forward. Heā€™ll be a free agent after this year.

IMO, heā€™s a bust. Canā€™t catch. Canā€™t stay healthy. Heā€™s a non-factor in most games.

2 Likes

If McNair will not let Easterby get in on the negotiations the Texans may start to get financially responsible. As a matter f fact, if they would just cut Easterby loose, that would be a step forward. But for some reason Cal just has a hard time letting go of subpar performers. It should be like the engineering business where there were two canā€™ts. If you canā€™t cut it, you canā€™t stay.

2 Likes

Cal McNair is the new Bill Bidwell

5 Likes

Bill Obrien folks!!! I have been saying for a long time that he should have been gone! Many years later after he destroyed the team, he was released. Now Houston will suffer from keeping him too long. Yes, Hopkins was one of his biggest blunders, Case Keenum was another.

3 Likes

Fuller can be pretty damn good maybe a star in a better system but not someone I would risk the big bucks.
Problem is we have no GM to make good trades and start building draft value. At this point no one on the roster should be off the table but the returns need to be real good.

On the other side of the field is Duane Brown who the Texans traded to Seattle for a Jeremy Lane a 5th in 2018.and a 2nd in 2019.

1 Like

Too bad we canā€™t go to court and prove Oā€™Brien was mentally incompetent and get Hopkins back!!

2 Likes

It wouldnā€™t matter to be honest we got boat raced against KC in the playoffs with Hopkins because the defense is the worst in the NFL.

1 Like

That was a very entertaining game tonight with the Cards winning with 15 seconds left in OT.

6 Likes

I feel bad for JJ as he has no quit in him, that said at this point in his career if he were to be traded/leave to chase a ring I would have no ill will towards him. This team will take years to fix, fans deserve better.

3 Likes

All the texans needed to do was keep Case and spend the money around him. Just like the Vikings and Broncos didnā€™t do. Too many Aggies.

3 Likes

And Iā€™ll add that Iā€™ll never spend a dime on the Texans again because of it.

2 Likes

Giving contracts to Mercilus and Cunningham while letting Reader go.

Big mistake, huge!

2 Likes

Just one of many Chris.

But the Tunsil trade was great. It only sent two first round and one second round pick to Miami for Tunsil and Stills . You must remember that Stills is a great contributer; he already has 10 receptions this year for 138 total yards. Why, thatā€™s almost a catch and a half and 19.7 yards per game. Stills will probably make the pro bowl if he keeps that up.

And who did Miami get in the first round? Nobody really, just some Hawaiian QB, Tua something or other, from Alabama and some stud OL from USC. Obviously not nearly as good as Stills. Who knows, Stills could actually catch 2 passes in the next game for more than 20 yards. And look at Tunsil, his false starts and holding penalties may start going down and when heā€™s not getting penalized or letting the DE get to Watkins, he looks good.

3 Likes

And Tunsil only had a year left on his rookie deal. So the Texans had no guarantee he would stay.

So they had to pay him enough money to make him the highest paid OL in the NFL, $66 for three years with $50 guaranteed.

BOB was a fool.

2 Likes

This is the Coog Fans site for football, not the pros. Why is this even here?

2 Likes

I ainā€™t saying throw a ton of money at him, but I could see him leaving and being a stud on another team as they win the super bowl after the Texans dump him

I always wonder if the Texans are bad do some fans start watching our games if we are winning?

1 Like