OT: Texans

I don’t like the head coach and ownership either but the Coogs suck this year and the Texans can at least make games exciting to watch (Sans today’s game) with Deshaun Watson.

2 Likes

I was an Oilers fan starting in 1960 when they signed Billy Cannon. I went to their first game (i think preseason) in against the LA Chargers in Jeppesen Stadium. When they left, I didn’t continue being a fan of the Titans. When the Texans started I became a Texans fan, and still am. However, I have a hard time maintaining any level of excitement about them and just don’t like BOB or Cal McNair for that matter. I really don’t have a real basis for not liking them, I just don’t.

Oh yeah, today I was pulling for Bowser and was happy with his sack and play overall.

5 Likes

I think it’s hard to maintain excitement for the Texans because they are consistently average and a guaranteed disappointment in the playoffs. At least they will continue to be with that ownership group and coaching staff. And Bowser has TWO sacks today!

2 Likes

I missed a lot of the game because I hadn’t returned from church yet, so I only saw his 2nd sack and didn’t know he had another.

I liked the Texans till they cut Case.

7 Likes

I didn’t like BOB before he cut Case and when he cut Case, it sealed the deal. But, there is more that I dislike. I can’t stand his arrogance in press conferences with his Belichick impersonation. When he has won a couple of Super Bowls, he may earn the right to act like an A-hole; but I think even Belichick shouldn’t act that way.

4 Likes

Same here Rick. I was a lukewarm Texans fan until Case started. Then I was fully engaged with the Texans until they cut him. After that I’ve been a Case Keenum fan, and a lukewarm fan of whatever team he played for. I’ve watched a lot more Rams, Broncos, Vikings and Redskins games than Texans games over the last few years.

5 Likes

I’m a Texan fan, but I still don’t have the emotional attachment with them that I had with the Oilers. I have season tickets but I only go to 4 or 5 games and sell the rest.

5 Likes

Mark that is where I am. I was head over heals in love with the Oilers. She was a bad woman, slightly crazy and I knew she would let me down, but I loved her. The Texans are just somebody I date occasionally.

5 Likes

I am a Texans fan until they leave Houston. It’s not always easy but they rep the H so if we live in the H we are Texans fans

3 Likes

That’s where I stand. Until they get rid of the idiot they have as a head coach, I basically don’t care about them.

5 Likes

Yes, that is it for me!!! NY/ NJ attitude don’t fit here at all.

I was a huge Texans fan from the start. When they took a chance on Case I became a bigger fan. I was at his start against the Colts where he threw three TD’s in the first half and almost killed Kub, probably the peak of my fandom. Then the town started turning on Case, sports radio blamed him for everything (and still to this day find ways to bring up how he’s not any good). After that I rooted against them more than for them. This year I have a bet they’ll win the division so I’m on the wagon until that happens. Don’t care about the playoffs.

3 Likes

The Oilers and bud’s toupee leave Houston in 1996. In 1999 the NFL awards the McNair family an expansion franchise for $700M. Who pays for the stadium? You know the answer. Since its inception the Texans have greatly profited from the NFL media rights. The franchise value has skyrocketed. At the same time and from its starts there has been a constant common denominator. The Texans have been mediocre. Sure they won a couple division title but what division are we talking about? They have accumulated a considerable amount of high draft picks. Primarily they have stacked their defense while at the same time every single Texans QB has had to run for their “lives” Coincidence or not JJ gets injured on a constant basis. Clowner now plays for the Seahawks. The incompetence seems to be present upstairs, downstairs and on the field. The McNair are laughing all the way to the bank. From that standpoint they are doing a brilliant job. The real question is valid for many NFL franchises. Why are you buying this crap? The Oilers were entrenched and were synonymous with Houston. The Texans from afar have never (so far) showed to me that they give a blip about Houston.

5 Likes

Yikes. I think they should try and sign Cam Newton.

2 Likes

Why do fans invest in that crap when they can get more bang for the buck in college?

2 Likes

The Texans should have built the team around Keenum.

3 Likes

I don’t think you could get any worse of a perfect storm for Mills yesterday.

Man, that QB position looks like its pretty important in the game of football.

Because they are fans. The same reason I went to all of our games through Dimmel and most of Helton’s years* or in basketball under Clyde, MacCallum, and Dickey.

Edit: *I said most of Helton’s years because he did have a couple of decent years.

2 Likes