Passing the Smell Test

The last minute cancellation of the game at Baylor does not pass the smell test. After the Big 12 lost 3 games against doormats last week and Tech should have lost, my guess is that the people at UT decided it was time to pull the plug. Pure speculation on my part of course.

14 Likes

If true, they need to forfeit.

2 Likes

All the lil 12 has proven for 25 years is how afraid they are to play us. More the sane

6 Likes

Get serious folks, this is legit. I would think they will honor the commitment as other have said in the future. UT is not involved in any way. Geez

26 Likes

Not a conspiracy theorist, but this one sounds like it may have legs. All was fine in Waco even yesterday. Their team is not ready, and we aren’t a door mat.

8 Likes

I think Aranda was scared to lose and not ready for us. It’s highly suspicious the day before with no reports of issues until today.

7 Likes

This… Less than a day with beautiful forecast.

1 Like

Sure, and Sumlin was focused on Southern Miss

4 Likes

Yeah I’m sure a nationally ranked team playing at home is scared to death to play a team coming off a 4 win season lol

12 Likes

They are not nationally ranked. They are not the same team in any fashion as last year. They missed the entire spring camp, and rebooted at leadership. This is not 2019. They’re not the same team. They were scared.

Speaking of smell test:

5 Likes

I agree. This is legit. I am sure Aranda hopes that KU game is not postponed. Much better to start the season vs. KU in Waco than @ West Virginia.

2 Likes

They were ranked 25 or 26th on most polls.

1 Like

You have to understand this is a city Covid ordinance as well as Big 12, apparently it was their offensive line that got involved with Covid virus tracing issues. You guys need to take a deep breath!

8 Likes

Baylor wussied out plain and simple. There’s no way they just found out they had an issue this close to the start. Had it been tues or we’d , I could believe it more. What would people say about us had we cancelled this close?

1 Like

I think it is legit so not sure why it looks like you are replying to me…

1 Like

AP has them at 26 so technically they are nationally ranked; heck, we all are nationally ranked. They’re not top 25 however. Is that what he was getting at by “nationally ranked”? The coaches poll is another subject I suppose.

1 Like

Rest assured…Duarte will get to the bottom of this and what Baylor is doing on their COVID protocols and reporting.

5 Likes

Can we agree that BU is a solid team with a good returning QB and a solid HC hire with not much reason to back out of their only OOC game and one against a 4-8 team from last season?

4 Likes

Lol everyone is scared to play us! Maybe we finish 0-0 this year

4 Likes

Not at all. We don’t know what team they are. Remember in 2017 Applewhite took over as a first time HC and hired a DC. Remember when people were constantly told that we lost too much talent and would take a step back?

Baylor is like that, except they lost 9 starters on defense and didn’t have a Spring football camp. Heck Aranda might not even know how much time to spend on tackling. He’s a first-timer going against a loaded Coogs team with experience. Ask Vegas. Even they knew.

2 Likes