Passing the Smell Test

What’s the procedure on keeping those players out of the next sat game vs Kansas or whoever they play sat after this week ? Or are they suddenly ready.Covid lasts 14 days or more. If those same players are out and Baylor plays then we will know the truth.

3 Likes

What a good question. Like a reporter should look into this or something.

1 Like

OK. So we cannot agree on the competitive level of the BU team. Can we agree that UH has not added any new personnel over the last week and is the same team it was before this game was scheduled? I hope we can agree on that.

So why would they agree to a game a week ago and then back out less than 24 hours from kickoff other than COVID? There was no mounting public pressure to have this game before it was scheduled. I have a hard time believing the BU coaches sat down, looked at film and thought: “no way we should play this game, we are not ready! look at what the betting line just did! Mack, help us!”

Possibly the Big XII COVID protocol is a little extreme?

1 Like

If they have enough linemen then we will know the truth. That’s the position group.

The NFL has a 10 day rule where a player can return 10 days after testing positive so if colleges have a similar rule, those same players shouldn’t be playing vs Kansas therefore Baylor needs to cancel the Kansas game by their same logic of saying a significant portion of the offense etc has it. Plus those players can’t practice. I just looked up the NFL policy.

2 Likes

We can’t agree on the first part because we DID add transfers, specifically at our most weakest unit. Whether we got better is up for debate I suppose. I can follow the second part, but as others have stated, it may have been big 12 higher-ups. I still think someone is chicken. I’d like to know the exact minimum threshold for OL. Again, 17 linemen listed and they can’t field a 1st team unit? Lies.

Too bad they couldn’t play even if Baylor was suiting up walkons

I also don’t think UH or Duarte will press Baylor for a straight answer since it’s in our best interest to keep the series and good will.Its only us fans that can debate. UH will play nice and move on accepting it which is the right choice since there is nothing to gain from pissing Baylor off in the media.

1 Like

I was talking about UH adding personnel over the last week before the game was scheduled but that’s okay. I think you got my point: they wouldn’t have scheduled the game a week ago if they thought there was any chance they would not ready for UH – they knew what they were signing up for when they did it.

I will be interested in seeing the protocol over the next week and what happens to the KU game.

1 Like

They haven’t tested positive…contact tracing…yeah right

Contact tracing. Are you kidding me.

It will be interesting to see if they play Kansas but I think they will bc the big 12 needs them to so they will. If they somehow cancel the Kansas game then I’ll believe they were being honest but if not then there’s our answer.

1 Like

Ok. Gotcha. I was speaking more along the lines of “contract tracing” taking out starters on their OL, and they were too BBQ chicken to take the chance with reserves. I still think it isn’t an adequate excuse. If they don’t have confirmed positives, and big 12 is testing students at the gate, then why not just test and figure out who can play? Unless of coarse there ARE confirmed cases.

I’m not much of a conspiracy theorist and I’m as erring on the side caution as anyone but this INDEED does not pass the smell test.

Maybe they saw my post guaranteeing a win. (I’ll see myself out :rofl:)

4 Likes

People at UT? This sight is completely freaking insane when it comes to UT.

4 Likes

With all due respect to the more sophisticated types, that want to stay above it all, this really does smell bad. I don’t claim to know all the sources of the odor, but it’s there.

4 Likes

May be lots of drinking going on this afternoon Brad. Type at your own risk.

1 Like

Or maybe not enough drinking. Lol I won’t be able to let this one go until I had a few. Shame on Baylor. They let our guys down too.

2 Likes

If they were that scared they’d have dropped us for Covid concerns on Monday and pencilled in Maine on Tuesday

The more I think about it, the more I don’t think it was Baylor athletics. I think it was some other organization that got to the Baylor administration and told the athletic department to cancel.

4 Likes