Plane rides and bus rides

I don’t know the whole story. Was it a change in travel plans due to unforeseen circumstances? If you knew you were coming back on a bus from the outset, why complain now? Just seems odd1

I am curious though, if this was just an unfortunate situation like the plane had a problem and their only other option was a bus (it is Mardi Gras season so flights are likely full) or was this a coaching decision. Becuase if it was the former, then I can see why he would be justified to complain online. If it was the latter, then well he better get ready to run.

2 Likes

Southwest Airlines had cancellations/delays recently. Not sure if that anything to do with it. SMU and Tulane are the only 2 conference road trips where they can take the bus.

2 Likes

Yeah. Found the video. We have zero context of his complaint. For all we know, they had a plane flight scheduled and it was being delayed to the point that the team’s plans shifted to a bus ride because of something out of their control. I can’t picture the same guy that smiles after a bad ref call being that upset over a bus ride that had been scheduled all along. That would be the same as complaining about his coach and the athletic department. I’ll be in denial until I see or hear more context.

5 Likes

I hope it was something not in the team’s control. Things do seem turn in to strange situations when we go to Tulane lol

1 Like

Hopefully they weren’t eating from the vending machines this time.

4 Likes

Mama Davis just texted him and said " turn your phone off son".

5 Likes

Stay off Social Media before coach issue punishments!!!

2 Likes

I mean, I understand if they’re riding yellow dogs, but otherwise…

I don’t think they fly commercial do they?

It is everyone’s right to get ticked off about soomething they don’t like – even players. How they express it is between them and their coach. I don’t have any problem with it and hope it is put behind them quickly. I am certainly not going to say what the coach should do, it is his preogative and none of my business…

Exercising your rights isn’t always the “right” thing to do.

It’s probably not a big deal, but complaining about a bus ride makes me chuckle.

1 Like

I have no problem with players being upset about things but you have to handle things in house. If this situation was a UH decision then you don’t put it on social media. Discipline is important on and off the court. UH cannot have players going on social media posting frustration especially if its directed toward UH and they and are on one of its teams. Good team moral takes players with good discipline. I just hope this was something out of the teams control that the players are frustrated with. I definitely would of have had no issues with them being frustrated last year when they played at Tulane.

Original poster gave this a bad title and is blowing a couple instagram stories WAY out of proportion. Galen is straight up laughing about it and making fun of corey.
Rest of players are posting game footage and friends.
Chill, peeps.

6 Likes

yes, it is none of our business so they should not go on socisl media to vent. Whatever happened to venting to self, then letting it go. I dont care to know what my neighbor is doing behind closed doors. Kids should not be allowed to post things like this on social media. You will attract the real media and things will blow out of proportion, which can ruin your great season.

1 Like

I agree, It is the universities business what they put on social media because they are representing UH. I’m going to expect the best with Davis because he has nothing but supportive of UH on Twitter. They should view social media as if they were representing an employer. If you put your employer in a bad perspective on social media there will be consequences. UH athletes should be held to similar standards.

2 Likes

Hey man, my mom posts way more on anti-social media than I do.

3 Likes

I did say this generation because I am considered part of it by a couple of years :roll_eyes:
Lol my mom has never been on Twitter in her life. I constantly have to help her with Facebook as it is lol

1 Like

My mom dont know how to drive let alone know about social media.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with being a dictator and controlling what kids who are adults post on social media. Now if it’s an actual detriment to the school and program it’s a different story.

1 Like