Playoff rankings

Bama, ND, and Ohio St. all win out, #4 is between A&M and Cinci.(they have to win out)

Related to all of this
 the CFP needs to have a plan for if one of the top four teams can’t play.

1 Like

Everyone’s just assuming that there is going to be a CFB this season.

4 Likes

I didn’t think there would be a season at all. Bring wrong on that, I am not going to bet against a playoff of some sort.

No #4 is between ATM and (P5) Cincy will not move higher than #5 until the meaningless after winning the NY6 Bowl, then they can get to 4
but who care then, you cannot play in the Championship!

1 Like

The best line I read today regarding BYU:

“Yes, their schedule is weaker than a cocktail in a Provo bar, but this is a team that has passed the eye test with flying colors.”

Great for the conference to see Cincy up at #7. I’m optimistic that we’ll be able to compete at their level in the near future. I sure hope Fickell sticks around for a couple more seasons.

1 Like

Tremendous bias here for sure. If they would sit down and watch a Cincy and BYU game compared to others ahead of them or in the mix and its easy to see game day performance of both being disrespected because they aren’t P5. Cincy and possibly BYU are better than A&M and Florida. That is purely SEC and P5 bias.

Too bad Cincy didn’t stick that last score in the end zone instead if playing stupud analytics games to make that win over UCF look more impressive to the glitz and show and P5 biased committee.

Here is to UC and BYU winning out and do it in dominating way and here is to the P5s all around them to lose. Its the only way to get a deserving G5 like UC and BYU invited to the party and here is to them winning their playoff games id the can’t break the door down.

Also, if UH ever becomes a P5, I hope I don’t become a P5 biased dog. For the good of college football (and especially for the good college football because I am becoming disinterested in pro football), all should be able to compete including the little guys as they have with college basketball. Yep. we all know with the number of players in college football that it is really difficult for the G5 to compete at that level, but when you have a few that can do it, they need to have a shot. The four team championship along with exhibition bowls is a crap system that needs to go.

2 Likes

Santa Claus is coming to town

1 Like

The CFP actually does have a plan if one of the 4 teams can’t make the playoffs.

The plan is hidden in a wall safe in the Smoke Filled Room with the Big Cigars. They have told us that we are in a “need to know basis”.

And we “Don’t Need To Know
,”

1 Like

Playoff rankings?

I rate the CFB dead last, the worst playoff system in all of sports.

6 Likes

We want this badly, I just highly doubt it will turn into something.

Also, they have brainwashed us to thinking “the argument” is important, which in fact, it isn’t. I don’t care about arguments, it never solve anything, just banter. Actually making it in is all that matters, and unless P5 cartel changes their mind, which they won’t (even in an expanded playoff), it won’t happen.

2 Likes

Vaccine’s will be available by the time bowl season hits us, so there is going to be a bowl season.

1 Like

Cincy is lucky it did not have to play Ohio State or we wouldn’t be having this conversation

5 Likes

Do you have insider nformation?

Why would a sponsor city/town want to host a bowl game this year without very many, if any, visiting fans? And since the payouts will likely be just pennies on the dollar, I suspect many teams will pass.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting point. I wonder if the tv deals will be enough to make it worth it for the smaller bowls, and the extra practice time and reward for the players will be enough for the teams. I think they’ll all still be played if physically able.

Pinstripe Bowl in Yankee Stadium cancelled today, matching Big Ten versus ACC.

2 Likes

IMHO, this is quite likely the first of many bowl game cancellations.

1 Like

Doubt college athletes are a big enough of a deal to jump to the front of the line with the 1%ers and celebrities, except for Trevor Lawrence and the like.

Ohio State game today was canceled because of Covid19. Need the Big 4 or 5 universities to have more cancellations in order for our game to be added. (Don’t support anyone getting Covid. Just stating how that Tulsa game can be added again.) Playoffs will remain on schedule unless other main P5s get major canecellaions or reschedules to add more games.

3 Likes