Potential Grad Transfers and regular transfers

i say 99.99% it’s Tech

1 Like

Definitely sounds like Tech is the choice.

Jake ‏Verified account @ jakeweingarten 1h1 hour ago

Four-star senior Tyreek Smith will announce his decision within “the next two hours.” It’s between Texas Tech, TCU, LSU, Houston, and Oregon.

Nice of him to narrow it down.

1 Like

TT officially

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cutup_reek/status/1129871900757434370

Thats unfortunate

I am going to laugh out loud if Shaka goes to Michigan and UT makes Beard target number 1.

Him and J’Wan Roberts are the same player, and the composite has J’Wan as the better player.

9 Likes

I do wonder what is hurting us in recruiting with some of the top Texas kids. Is it the AAC? We get the visits which is a good step.

1 Like

I couldn’t care less about where our kids come from. Let these Texas kids keep overlooking us. We’ll just keep snagging up North Carolina talent. They actually recognize how great of a coach Sampson is.

4 Likes

Asked an answered. Not that we are in the AAC so much but that we aren’t in the Big12. Almost every kid we offered, that committed elsewhere, committed to schools that play conference games against top schools in their region. Texas kids committing to Texas Tech, Texas, Kansas State, OU. Florida and Louisiana kids committing to Vanderbilt, LSU and Auburn. We go after Texas and Lousiana kids with the “local” conference games being SMU and Tulane.

1 Like

This

4 Likes

Im not going to blame a kid for commiting to tech and chris beard. The guy is a hell of a coach just like CKS!

4 Likes

This. First Ledee, now Smith.

I agree on Beard it was more of general statement not just about Smith. I understand why a recruit would play there.

1 Like

Beards not staying…CKS is!

1 Like

it has to be reputation, i dont think conference has anything to do with it… that fact that it doesnt affect us elsewhere makes its obvious

galen who didnt even have great offers, in an interview like 2 months ago said all his friends were telling him not to come to UH… if he wasnt a legacy we would have lost out on him (a middling 3star) to a pre jamie dixon tcu (that was trash) or creighton (pre big east)

That was only 4 years ago…times are obviously changing but nothing is instantaneous…

most of the top 2021 in texas have houston a top team for them…every top houston area player for 2020 has us a finalist…the door is cracking

and i think getting local kids is important if you want to build success long term…local kids have local kids of their own in the future, and mentor other local kids, and become coaches to other local kids …local kids also build fan interest as local high schools and cities want to support their own…
building pipe line out of state will be difficult as we will always play second fiddle …i remember reading reports of mills, that we were the favorite as long as UNC doesnt offer (lucky for us they didnt)…

8 Likes

Yep. Two years ago we were playing games in someone else’s gym. Now every recruit in the city is giving CKS their ear. It takes time.

2 Likes

I know it takes time but CKS won’t be here forever lol. He’s been here for 6 years or so lol.

Well. We were going up against the national runner-up. I hate it but we were in good company. And we’re still in the hunt for major talent.

1 Like